Chapter 7

Park Industries celebrates brilliant minds. When two brilliant minds, plus some very good looks are put side by side, the employees of Park Industries are stoked.

Rumours say that the Finance and Marketing Directors are dating.

Rumours say that once, they were catching their breaths in an embrace when they exited the elevator together.

The rumours have not died down after a month.

Taehyung sighed.

Jungkook sighed.

Of course things changed. They'd give an acknowledging nod when they pass by each other. Jungkook gives reasonable feedback and Taehyung listens.

That's all they are. Colleagues who act professionally. Nothing more. 

Or that's what Taehyung thought.

He is currently in a meeting with Jungkook and the CEO.

"The requested funds for the next campaign is fifty percent more than the budget last year. I'm afraid I can't proceed even though you had presented good results for the last quarter, as the other shareholders are still not confident if your campaigns will continue to be successful," Seojoon said.

"Is there no way around this?" Taehyung asked.

"Unless you can guarantee the sales." Seojoon replied.

Taehyung sighed. That's the end of the discussion then, no matter how good he is, there is no way he could predict how the sales would turn out.

He closed the file in front of him. There goes the efforts of his team, who had been slogging for the past two months on the biggest campaign of the year.

Jungkook placed a report in front of Seojoon. He said, "my team had finished the profit calculation for the previous quarter last night. Profit had increased by a million dollars compared to the same quarter last year."

Taehyung's eyes widened. The quarterly profit report was due next week.

"Another way to maintain or increase the profit margin is to decrease costs," Jungkook continued.

Jungkook placed another report in front of Seojoon, "I would like to highlight the two million cost savings brought in by the new product management software our company had adopted this year."

Taehyung's mouth fell open. He looked at Jungkook in awe.

Jungkook cleared his throat uncomfortably. He stopped himself from squirming under Taehyung's impressed and grateful stare. He couldn't stop the blush burning the tip of his ears however.

He continued, "I believe these are more than enough to cover the increase in the marketing budget."

"These look good, I will talk to the shareholders." Seojoon grinned, "both of you are so compatible."

Jungkook's blush from his ears expanded to his cheeks.

Taehyung gaped, "w-what?"

"You work so well together, Park Industries have such great assets!"

"O-oh. Thank you, sir."

Seojoon suggested, "both of you should go out."

Like, a date?

Taehyung stared wide eyed at Seojoon. Hyung!

Jungkook and Taehyung looked at each other and looked away quickly, not moving. Even Taehyung was blushing now.

"I mean, it's after office hours. Both of you should head out from my office...?"

Jungkook muttered, "oh."

Taehyung opened his mouth and closed it, not a word being said.

Both of them quickly got up and almost ran to the door, not thinking if they appeared rude to the CEO. Seojoon had never seen anyone leave so quickly. He leaned back in his chair with a teasing grin, "ah, young love. Damn, I'm going to pack up now too and go home to my wife."

On the way to the carpark, Taehyung and Jungkook found it hard to look at each other.

They both thought, it's not like I've never had a relationship before, why am I so shy for?

"Uh, I, I have an appointment," Jungkook said awkwardly.

"Oh, me too."

"Right. I'll get going. Good night."

"Good night."

Both of them paused for a moment. They looked towards the carpark. Oh god, they parked next to each other today.

Jungkook gestured, "after you."

"... thank you. For your support for the campaign as well."

Jungkook smiled, "you're welcome."

Oh damn, why that bunny smile now? It's killing me.

"... see you in the office tomorrow."

A week later, Park Industries have a new rumour. Legend says, every morning, the Marketing Director and Finance Director sends each other a cup of coffee.