Chapter 12

Jimin was in a barely conscious state when the resort staff brought him back to his suite.

Hoseok tipped the staff at the door and said, "thank you and please head back, I will take over from here."

"Thank you, sir," the staff took a slip of paper from his pocket and passed it to Hoseok, "here is a note your other dining companion wanted to pass you."

Hoseok placed the note on the table beside the door.

Hoseok was panting after finally helping Jimin to their bedroom on the second floor and taking off his shoes. He placed a glass of water and painkillers beside Jimin.

Whew, he really need water for himself right now. As he returned from the kitchen on the first floor, Hoseok picked up the note and wasn't surprised to see it was an invitation.

If I could be reborn, I would be a star. Far away from troubles, beautiful and admired, and I will burn till I meet my end. I'm by the spot where we met this morning. I'll be waiting.

- V

Hoseok sighed. How could he turn such an invitation down?

He arrived at the beach to see V lying down on a beach chair. There was another chair with a blanket beside him. V did not doubt that Hoseok would come.

Hoseok sat on the chair and like V, leaned back, to look at the stars. They were indeed beautiful.

"Some things are so far from reach."

"Such as?"

"Happiness." V continued looking at the sky, "someone who understands you."

"Yeah, those things are a little hard to find nowadays." Hoseok smiled wryly.

"Did you find them?"

"I... I don't know." Hoseok closed his eyes. "I thought I did but somehow I lost it later on." It was easy to be honest under this relaxing atmosphere. Or perhaps because he was pouring his heart out to a stranger, someone whom he would probably never meet again.

Hoseok said, "it was easier last time. As long as I could dance, I was happy."

"Why don't you dance now? I have the sense you would be pretty good."

"I am pretty good." Hoseok laughed. It has been a while since he was so relaxed. The urge to move fills his body and he said, "let me show you."

Hoseok took off his flip flops, feeling the sand under his feet.

It seems that God favours some of his children more than others. Taehyung watches as Hoseok uses his gift as a dancer. No music is needed to compliment his dance; Hoseok's movements alone are more than enough to express what he wants to say.

A peaceful silence fills the air after Hoseok stops and looks at Taehyung.

"You are pretty good."

"I know."

They laugh.

But Taehyung had to ask. "And him? Does your fiancé make you happy?"

No words were exchanged as Hoseok's smile turned upside down. Things had changed so much recently. A tear from Hoseok's eyes escaped, follow by another drop, and another.

"And you? Are you happy?" Hoseok's voice cracked even as he spoke softly.

"I mostly am. Especially when another of my campaign is successful. When I finally returned to Korea and no one treats me like the pitiful son of the fallen Kim Industries. When my loved ones are happy."

Hoseok looked at him with a smile, "a star shines and brings warmth, even if it was once hidden."

Footsteps sounded behind the pair.

Hoseok leaned in, "he is never one to mention his friends and family often, but I had always paid too much attention, Taehyung."

Hoseok connected their lips.

Jimin roared, "how could you do this to me when I gave you everything!"

✨✨✨

Welcome back, Mr Jeon, how was your walk on the beach?

"A little tiring, I saw a lot tonight. Some things don't seem to be what they are - not everything that is beautiful from the outside is the same on the inside."

Jungkook was so near yet so far from the truth.