Chapter 3

Taehyung raised a brow at the scene unfolding in front of him.

Jimin was laughing in the crook of a man's neck while slow dancing. In a club.

The couple's rhythm was so out of sync with the club's music that Taehyung was impressed that they could continue their cute little dance.

The man Jimin was with was holding him gently by his waist and looking at Jimin adoringly with a huge gummy smile.

Everything looks fine and Jimin seems to be having a great time so Taehyung decided to get a drink while keeping an eye from the bar counter.

Before he could order, a man sat himself beside Taehyung and said, "hi, may I buy you a drink?"

Taehyung was mildly surprised as polite club goers are few and far between nowadays. Plus this guy is totally his type with his cute smile and muscular frame. Taehyung smiled flirtatiously, "sure." 

Taehyung wouldn't mind if things progresses and he could vent some stress tonight. Hopefully he would get the other guy with a cute smile and muscular body out of his mind.

Taehyung was enjoying himself with Nickhun. He was funny, his accent was unique, and he seems to be a gentleman.

Nickhun thought Taehyung was beautiful and outgoing but his attention tends to drift away to different spots on the dance floor in the middle of their conversation.

Nickhun couldn't help but ask, "hey, I saw you glancing over to the blonde and green hair couple every now and then. Are they your friends or...?"

Taehyung catches the slight waver in Nickhun's eyes.

"I'm sorry," he smiled sheepishly, "I'm here to keep an eye on my friend so I'm a little distracted."

Just then, Jimin and Gummy Smile walked towards Taehyung. Gummy Smile had to support Jimin with a hand in his back as Jimin was unable to walk in a straight line.

"I've got to say bye to my friend," Jimin told Gummy Smile.

Jimin wiggled his eyebrows at the pair and said Hi to Nickhun before giggling drunkenly and giving Taehyung a hug. However, his voice was stable and soft as he whispered to Taehyung, "go get some Tae, see you soon. It's going to be a wild night tonight."

Taehyung suppressed the urge to roll his eyes. If Jimin was pretending to be drunk to get laid, he's not going to ruin his best friend's plans. He grumbled a "good night and stay safe, Chim."

Taehyung watched as Gummy Smile guided Jimin carefully past the crowd. Gummy Smile was so focused on Jimin, he didn't spare a second glance at Taehyung or other customers.

Taehyung made a mental note to himself that Gummy Smile seems to be a better fit than Jimin's previous partner.

Taehyung turned back to Nickhun, his attention fully on him now. He said more than asked, "dance with me?"