Chapter 15 - Epilogue

Jungkook was waiting for Taehyung to arrive at his apartment, and Jungkook had just put up the finishing touch.

Jungkook was beyond nervous.

Taehyung and Jungkook had been dating for a month now. Things were going great except the two had been holding back, especially with regards to intimacy, and skirting around the conversation they should have had a long time ago.

If they want to continue their relationship, they would have to address the issue. Jungkook wants Taehyung, and he is going to right his wrong.

Jungkook texted Taehyung, "text me when you're at the door babe."

"I'm here."

Jungkook called Taehyung, voice slightly wavering, "Hey."

"Hey, you."

"Humour me okay, I'll be on the phone with you, guiding you through some tasks."

Taehyung chuckled, "what are you planning?"

"You'll find out."

"Alright, Mr. Mysterious, I'm game."

"First, enter the passcode to unlock the door. It's 1230."

Jungkook could hear Taehyung's smile in his voice, "my birthday? That's cute."

Jungkook cleared his throat in embarrassment.

Taehyung walked in, gasping at the fairy lights and flowers decorating the penthouse.

"Wow, didn't take you as a romantic, Kook." Taehyung teased, "trying to get lucky tonight?"

Jungkook sure as hell wished all the luck is on his side tonight. He'd be lucky if Taehyung didn't walk out on him.

"Kook, where are you hiding?"

"You'll see me soon. There's a document on the living room table. Pick it up."

Taehyung did. He recognises it as the proposal they were going through that night when Jungkook called him a slut and they had a shouting match.

Jungkook apologised, "I'm sorry, you didn't deserve those words and any of my attitude."

Taehyung had gotten over that, he knows what he is and isn't, so he wasn't bothered for too long. He did put Jungkook on the asshole list for quite a while though.

"Okay... what's next?"

Jungkook couldn't really tell what Taehyung's mood is but at least there is no anger, yet.

"Can you go to the fireplace and look at the photos on the mantelpiece?"

Taehyung walked over and smiled fondly at little Jungkook in the picture frames. He was one adorable bean with a toothy grin.

Taehyung's smile gradually fell as he noticed there were only pictures of little Jungkook and his father, and Jungkook was not more than ten in all of them.

"I... my mother left us when I was ten. She had an affair. My father couldn't accept that and he tried to commit suicide. He l-locked me in a dark and small cabinet as he took a bottle of sleeping pills. I hated such spaces after that." Jungkook sniffled.

Taehyung said urgently, "Jungkook. Where are you? Tell me now."

"I'm here. On the stairs."

Taehyung turned around to see Jungkook, standing at the top of the stairs, eyes watery and bottom lip between his teeth - a habit he has when he's scared.

"Oh, Kook." Taehyung breathed out and he ran up the stairs to engulf Jungkook in his arms.

There was no space between their bodies as Taehyung touched Jungkook soothingly and Jungkook leaned in, snuggling into the warmth. It was comforting. It was right.

After a while, Jungkook chuckled, "did we just prove the rumours of Park Industries right?"

Taehyung laughed, "every one of them."

Jungkook leaned his forehead against Taehyung and they both smiled, looking at each other sweetly.

Jungkook said, "that day in the lift, was when things changed for me. I had been nothing but a grade A asshole to you -"

Taehyung teased, "grade A+"

Jungkook rolled his eyes fondly and entwined their hands, "yes." He continued, "and yet you showed such magnanimity. You have such a big heart, I was floored."

Jungkook asked, "do you know when I first saw you?"

"At my orientation?"

"No, in Hawaii. Six months ago. I saw some things and I jumped to conclusions. I'm really sorry."

Taehyung huffed in realisation. "So that was why you're such a -"

"Grade A+ asshole. Then I saw Hoseok, you and Jimin together at the studio and I got the full story from Hoseok later on. Taehyung, will you please forgive me?"

Taehyung leaned in and pecked Jungkook on the lips, "I don't know, should I? I mean, you have been the hottest, biggest jerk I've seen."

They chuckled.

Taehyung kissed Jungkook on the forehead, "and the sweetest. I know how much hard work you and your team had to put in to rush out the quarterly and cost savings report."

He kissed Jungkook on his cheeks, "and intelligence is really a turn on babe."

Taehyung kissed his nose, "and you're the bravest person I know for sharing your vulnerabilities with me."

Then Taehyung kissed Jungkook on his lips again, "and for putting aside your pride and apologising to me."

They looked at each other tenderly, "yes I forgive you, Kook."

They leaned in to connect their lips again, kissing slowly, savouring the purity of the moment.

Then their tongues found each other and the kiss grew heated. No one is backing down from the fight for dominance.

They broke apart for oxygen and to ask, "bedroom?"