Sleep Paralysed

It was three weeks ago that Wolf Spider broke out of the hospital. Only a handful of heroes have seen him since, though he's still been an active vigilant all of that time, constantly capturing villains and stealing missions before the pros even got there. Yet, Aizawa wanted to know if the kid was safe. Yamada wanted to know if he was safe. Especially after what happened last week.

Yamada was one of the few to encounter him during his free time. The voice hero had been ambushed and outnumbered, he remembered like it happened yesterday.

Yamada was walking away from his station, his 'Put your hands up' radio show just came to a close and he was heading to Aizawa's to stay the night. There were few people out and about at this time, which wasn't unusual for the man's late-night walks.

Turning the bend, his face came into unforeseen contact with a manhole cover, shattering his glasses against his face and unceremoniously pushing him to the floor with a strangled yelp. Yamada landed on his butt, the frames of his now broken glasses hanging from his ears with the sound of blood dripping to the floor.

A woman stepped around the corner to face him, a sickening grin plastered on her face as she held the cover on her shoulder; over-confidence glinting in her red eyes. "Yo, Shnyde, looks like the broker was right. I've got Present Mi-" Her shout was cut off as Yamada released a quirk-amplified "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH!" directly at her face. The woman dropped the cover with an echoing clang as she was skidded back a few metres, only to be pushed back again as a man with a blue glowing aura shoved her away from the hero.

Hizashi staggered to his feet, lingering dizziness from the metal plate ringing in his ears. A feeling of warmth crept across his face as the familiar taste of blood touched his tongue, his glasses hat cut into his face when they were shattered. His sight wasn't terrible, but it was bad enough to make long distances a little blurry. He took a fighting stance as several more people turned the bend, three had guns.

Two villains charged at him, and Hizashi desperately wished he had called for backup while he was down. It was obvious that the thugs were trying to overwhelm him, but he took the attack head-on and spun, delivering a roundhouse kick to the pair's head's and smashing them into the wall. The alley wasn't crowded, the walls had at least four meters between them, but the walls on one side were made out of concrete without anything but a single pipe that ran into the ground.

The two thugs groaned as they slid down the wall, not quite unconscious but completely dazed. A quiet click drew the hero's attention, and he held his breath as the gun was fired towards him, with no time to move, all the pro could do was brace for some description of pain.

After a good five completely silent seconds, Hizashi opened his eyes to find there was no pain, and a small hooded person was stood in front of him. Hizashi noticed the criminals gawking at the person before the glowing guy muttered, "Shnyde! Wasn't he in the hospital?! Why is Wolf Spider here?!".

Hizashi felt his body stiffen, did a run-away kid just take a bullet for him? The boy's arms dropped to his sides, though the hero couldn't see his face, he felt the hostility and tension coming off the boy in waves.

"Yo." His tone opposed his emotions, and his voice was filled with a calmness that didn't quite fit the situation. "Why are you trying to abduct Present Mic? And where did you get these bullets?" The boy put up one hand, showing off an oddly shaped piece of metal, pointed like a needle at one end and tinted red with a covering of blood.

The villains didn't move for a moment, before the guy at the front seemed to break out of his daze and took a menacing step forward. "What's it to you, kid? We just want our money, you don't have to get involved." both the hero and the vigilant noticed the man's fingers elongate and turn into long, sharp needle-like points. "Though, boss did say he'd pay extra if we found you a couple of weeks back. I'm sure that the offer's still open." That made his followers smile, and the seven before them blocked off the exit to the main street. Some mumbled sentences like, "Shnyde's right." and "How much was his price again?"