Ch. 6: An Alliance Formed

Earlier

    Once alone in the throne room, Sauron and Ainz closed the distance to eachother and locked forearms in a firm handshake.

Sauron: I must say, I'm a bit surprised to find someone like me this early.

Ainz: Especially one from a different game than I. Though I was hoping it'd be someone from Yggdrasil... no offence of course.

Sauron: None taken.

    They let loose of the hand shake and Ainz waved for Sauron to follow him.

Ainz: Come, let's speak somewhere a bit more comfortable.

    Sauron followed the host till they came to a room with two couches, a coffee table, and blue walls. Standing by was a maid with blonde hair and green eyes. She bowed once Ainz walked in.

Ainz: Would you like anything?

Sauron: A glass of water will do, thank you.

    Ainz nodded to the maid and she went to collect.

Ainz: Please, sit.

    Ainz sat on the opposite couch to Sauron, who willed his armor away to sit in the other couch. Ainz looked over Sauron's form without the armor for some time.

Ainz: I must ask, but what race are you? You're humanoid, but definitely not human.

Sauron: I'm a Maiar. A minor god in Middle-Earth.

Ainz: A god!?

Sauron: Minor god, yes. Though I'd go as far to say I could contend with a Valar now. I'm one of the few in the game to get to use this race. Besides myself, only 5 other Maiar existed. There was a Valar, but he had to leave the game due to personal reasons.

Ainz: Intriguing. What made you and those other five special enough to get that race?

Sauron: We were alpha and beta testers for the game. Not just that, but we donated more money than anyone else, besides the one who got the Valar selection.

    It was at this moment the maid arrived with Sauron's water. He thanked her and she left the room, allowing the two to continue.

Sauron: So, from what I can tell, you're an Elder Lich. Not a playable race in my game. They're boss level monsters found at the end of tomb dungeons only. Also, they're far from being as powerful than you. Wraiths are way ahead of them in power.

Ainz: I guess that's one of the differences in our respected games. Perhaps it'll help if we tell eachother how each one worked?

Sauron: You first.

    Ainz went on to tell Sauron all about Yggdrasil. The monsters, the items, the level of spells, ect. This list went on. Finally, when it got to Sauron, he was impressed.

Sauron: Yggdrasil sounds like a fun game.

Ainz: It was. The best game I've ever played.