FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE
FEBRUARY 3RD, MONDAY

TOBIAS WACH

● ● ●

So I was all talk at Isabel's because before I left, I took the number out of the trashcan. I know. It sounds nasty but I promise you that there was barely any trash in there. Just a banana peel and two candy wrappers so it was totally not disgusting or anything.

Seriously, it wasn't.

So the true question was, did I text him? Well, I had the text ready. Actually, I had several texts ready, and I almost pressed send but I didn't. I pressed backspace instead and then turned my phone off because I needed to sleep but I couldn't.

I wanted to text the number just to see if it was him because there was a great possibility that it was him so I tried again.

But failed.

Then I tried several more times.

2:06 a.m.

"Hey, Brandon. This is Tobias."

Nope. Too dry. It sounds stupid.

2:46 a.m.

"Is this Brandon? Your friend gave me your number. I was wondering if you told him to give it to me."

Nope. That was way too long.

3:15 a.m.

"Hey. It's Tobias."

I hated that too, and I had school in just a few hours. I needed to sleep, so I lied down and closed my eyes. Thoughts about texting him kept circling through my mind but after a while, I finally fell asleep but even in sleep, I couldn't escape him.

~

"MIKEY, GET OUT!" My sixteen year old, brat of a sister hollered.

"USE THE BATHROOM IN THE BASEMENT, CASS THE BRAT!" Mikey was a dick. He was always a dick to Cassandra.

He knew no one liked to use the bathroom in the basement because there were always spiders in there and out of everyone, Cass hated spiders the most. She legit fainted when she saw one. I thought she died. We all did but Mikey being Mikey, he didn't care.

The basement wasn't dirty or anything. It was a very clean basement that anyone could've lived in. It was well furnished with couches, a T.V., hardwood floors and there was even a pool table but it was the basement and basements did have spiders.

Cass started to bang on the door with the strength of Hulk himself. "GET OUT!" She screamed. Her voice cracked on the out part, but her scream was still deadly. Black Canary who? I swear I always felt an earthquake when she screamed.

She kept banging on the door and I knew it was only a matter of time before Mikey lost his cool.

My phone vibrated on my nightstand and then Normani's song "Motivation," started playing. It was my alarm. My third alarm. The alarm that alerted me to leave out.

I was late and I never been late before! I had to hurry! I had no time to waste! I threw all my blankets from off my body and fumbled to the closet to quickly find something to wear.

Without much thought, I pulled out a green sweatshirt and a pair of black Nike sweatpants. I then went to my dresser for a pair of underwear and then I awakened my inner track star and took flight to the basement where my mom was sitting at smoking a cigarette with her coffee in hand. She looked tired and irritated. She was probably trying to stop herself from snapping on her two kids that were screaming upstairs.