TEN

CHAPTER TEN

BRANDON HYNES

● ● ●

Things were finally starting to look good between Tobias and I. Why? Because after what felt like decades, he had finally texted me back late that afternoon.

~

"Hey. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you."

"No worries. :) I'm just happy you're texting me."

"How are you?"

"Good. About to have dinner with Zach and my family. Hbu? You good?"

"I am. :) thanks for asking and enjoy dinner."

"Thanks. Means a lot to hear from you, ya know? ❤"

"😊"

~

"Brandon, are you ready?" Zach asked as he stepped into the room.

"Yes." I stood up and pocketed my phone. "I just need to grab my coat and I'll be all set."

Zach was looking at me weird. "What are you cheesing for?"

I walked towards the closet as I tried to make my stupid smile go away. "Nothing."

"Bro, I can clearly see it's something."

I grabbed my black puffer jacket and started to put it on along with my hat and gloves. However, the smile still remained so I kept my head down when I turned back to Zach.

"Nope." I looked up at him and managed to hide the smile. "Now if you'll excuse me so I can go put on my boots." I bumped passed him as I walked out of the room.

"Bro!"

I knew he wasn't gonna let it go just like that. All I had to do was continue to ignore him, so I did. I lifted my foot and did the shimmy and the shake to get my foot in the boot.

"Bro. I know you heard me."

I continued to shimmy and shake.

"It's about Tobias isn't it?"

My foot finally fell into the boot. I smiled. Damn it. That was all the proof he needed.

He laughed. "I knew it! You and Tobias have been texting, huh?"

"Yea. No biggie," I said.

"No biggie my ass! You just don't wanna give me my credit for hooking you two up! I know you, bro."

I chuckled. "Whatever. Toss me the damn keys, so we can go. You're being annoying."

Zach grabbed the keys. "Nuh-uh! I'm driving." He stuffed the car keys in his pocket. "I don't feel safe with you behind the wheel."

"What? Why?"

"I shouldn't have to explain myself."

I laughed because he didn't. I knew exactly why he didn't want me to drive, but it wasn't my fault. Anyone with a heart would've stopped for that cat in the middle of traffic. Sure, Zach almost flew out of the window, and we almost got smacked from the back by another car but the cat survived and I was happy with myself.

My boots crunched in the snow as I sped to the car. It was freezing out. There was no sun. No warmth. Just clouds and cold wind. I hated winter. Zach was the opposite which annoyed me because he took his sweet ass time getting to the car.