EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

BRANDON HYNES

● ● ●

"I saw Tobias today," Zach randomly said.

We were watching My Hero Academia while eating ice cream and leftover pizza. "I don't care. Screw him."

"Yeah. He smiled at me like I was cool with him or something. Like bro, you broke my best friend's heart. I hate you now, you little twerp."

"Right," I took a bite of my pizza, and a pepperoni fell off.

Zach sighed. "I still can't believe that this is how we are spending our Valentine's Day."

"I know. I really wanted to take Tobias to the park today but all my plans are ruined."

"Same." Zach's spoon clashed with the glass of his bowl as he scooped up his melted ice cream. "At least we have each other."

"True but we always have each other."

"Yeah."

I finished my pizza and placed my box down on the table. I then got up to get some ice cream. Zach handed me his bowl, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Please," he begged.

I took the bowl. "Sure."

He smiled with closed eyes and a face full of teeth. "Thank you!" He was such an idiot.

I made us both a bowl of vanilla ice cream with Oreos on top before I walked back into the living room. I gave Zach his bowl, and he thanked me. I sat next to him and started to eat my ice cream. It was so good.

Who needed Tobias when I had ice cream?

My phone rang, and my heart immediately jumped out of my chest. I thought it was Tobias calling to tell me that he was dumb and that he didn't mean it or that it was a prank but it was Angelica.

"Hello."

"Who's that?" Zach questioned by mouthing the words.

"It's Angelica."

"You're next to Zach? Good. Put me on speaker."

So I did what was told.

"Zach?"

"Hey, Angelica. How are you?"

"I know you and Gabriella broke up. She told me. I also know that Brandon is not okay even though he lied to me yesterday."

"Yeah, so we're sad. So what?"

"Zach, don't get slick with me. You got the wrong one. I'm just calling to tell you two to get dressed. We are going out."

Zach and I groaned.

"Aaattt! I don't wanna hear it! Get dressed, now! You two are not gonna sit in the house sad on Valentine's Day and that's on period. Now get ready."

"But-" I started.

"Bye!" She hung up.

Zach and I sighed and then exchanged looks. Neither of us felt like getting up from the dents we left on the couch. Especially not to get dressed.

"So do you want to shower first or...?"

"Sure." I took two more quick bites of my Oreo ice cream before I made my way to the bathroom to shower.

I really didn't feel like going anywhere because I didn't want the chance of running into Tobias.

But maybe Angelica had a point. Why be sad on Valentine's Day? It was the day of love, and I did love people: my family, Angelica, and Zach. They were all I needed.