TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE
FEBRUARY 11TH, TUESDAY

BRANDON HYNES

● ● ●

"Are you okay in there?"

"No!" I started throwing up again.

"I told you not to trust that taco truck man!"

"But I always get food from that truck and it's always goo-" insert vomiting.

I hated throwing up. I'm sure everyone did, but I haven't thrown up since I was a kid and I forgot how terrible of a feeling it was. The weird tense feeling in your stomach, the burning food and acid sliding up your throat and then the noise that came with it. Throwing up was not for this guy.

I hovered over the toilet for a few more minutes just to make sure my body was done hating me. When it was, I had flushed the toilet and washed my hands before I finally left that bathroom for my bed.

"You need me to stay home with you?" Zach asked.

I was under my blankets, curled up into a ball so I couldn't see him.

"Bro, no. You need to go to school."

"Not if you're not feeling well. You're more important to me than school." I felt his weight being added to my bed, so I pulled the blankets from over my face.

"You're just so saying that because you want an excuse to not go to school." He started laughing so I kicked him. "You little bitch."

Zach slapped my ass and then got up from the bed. "Kick me again, and I'll really whoop your ass."

I rolled my eyes and then threw my blankets right back over my face. "Whatever. Now go."

"I'll see you when I get back, alright?"

"Mhm."

I just lied there and waited to hear Zach's footsteps. Once I heard his footsteps, I waited to hear the door close and once the door closed, so did my eyes as the light from the window slowly started to fade. My head was rested comfortably on my pillow and soon, the sound of my beating heart became the bass of the ballroom.

Tobias and I were sitting at a table with a giant bowl of nachos as we watched everyone dance to the music.

"Are you enjoying yourself so far?" I asked.

Tobias looked at me with a smile. "Yes."

"Wanna dance?"

He looked away from me and started fiddling his thumbs. "I don't know."

"Please." He looked at me with his pretty brown eyes. "Could you do it for me?" I almost had him. "This is my favorite song," I said, even though, I didn't even know the song.

He nodded. "Okay. For you...I will dance."

I smiled and then held out my hand for him to take. He took it with his hand that was licked clean of nacho cheese and then he shyly followed after me.

"I don't know how to dance," he informed as I led him to the center of the dance floor.

"It's okay." I turned to him. "I'll show you." He smiled and I cautiously placed my hands on his waist. "Is this okay?"

His cheeks were burning red under the pink and purple lights. "Yes."

He then brought his arms around my neck and we swayed to the slow tempo of the romantic song that played.