SEVEN

Walking the guys out, she turned back to the house. Sitting on the couch with her head back. A few minutes to relax, then she was up again. She told James she would go over when Grant and Dave left. It was pushing ten o'clock, but knew they'd still be going at it.

Locking her door on the way out, the lights flicked on as she descended the patio. Again, the yard was busy, another party had gathered.

Brushing through the entryway, she saw the guys in the kitchen. Gripping Alex's forearm in greeting when she passed him in the hall, checked on the boys, both asleep. Assured that Alex wouldn't leave his post of watching for the kids while the house was full. James' bedroom door was locked, so she left the overnight bag in the room with his boys.

Walking down the hall, she noticed the blonde from before sitting before the table. She flipped her hair over her shoulder laughing with her friends, dollar bill rolled up as she snorted a line.

Seeing red, she passed Alex who was now talking to Kirk. With a gentle shove, she unloaded his weapon. Picking up the blonde's shoe, she slammed the heel into the wood table. The room went quiet. "What the-," Lisa knocked her head into the table.

"Take a look at the hole," she seethed. "That hole is similar to when a skull is cracked open. Who brought the drugs?" The room was silent. "Who brought the damn drugs," she shouted and flicked off the safety.

The face of the woman she held went from shock to freight, "I-I did."

"Do you know how many babies have died because their food touched this crap! How many will have to die because of your selfish addiction."

"I didn't know... ", Lisa yanked her head back and knocked her into the table again. Seeing James in her peripheral, he nodded. "Your only warning. If your ass is seen on this block again, I'll be seeing you in the morgue." Standing, "get your ass out!"

James threaded through the crowd, taking the gun before handing it back to Alex. Kirk grabbed the girl, escorting half- dragging her to the door reiterating her words. "Baby. It's done. She's gone." James rubbed her arms. Donald stood to the side watching, then disappeared into the kitchen.

"Right here and now. Am I keeping your key or returning it? I'm not playing James." Still staring at the door that the blonde and Kirk walked out of. Followed by the other attendees.

"It's yours." Turning her to face him, "I didn't know. None of us touch that shit." He took the glass from Donald. "Drink this." He held the glass lightly as she downed the double shot. Then handed the glass back to his Pres. "On everything I am, none of us are involved in that-"

"I was ready to pull the trigger. I'm so very serious about that." If he only knew.

"I know baby." Cupping her head to his chest, "I know." Lisa's eyes went to the hall Alex was still guarding.

Donald's voice rang out, "clear the property. Alex, toss the table. Burn it before the boys find it." Softer now to Lisa, "Lisa, it's on me. I asked the girls to come, companionship."

Standing her full height, "mind the company you keep. You're playing in the wrong sandbox. If it happens again, I take out your knee cap. That's a promise. I'm not risking my boys because you need a soft body to lay with. Take it elsewhere."

He leaned forward kissing her forehead, "my word," he said softly. Then yanked her hair back sharply. Her neck bent back and exposed, she fell from James hold. "Don't threaten me again."

"Pres-", James' hand snapped out gripped his forearm warningly.

Lisa's eyes flamed. "Respect earns respect. I have no loyalties to you... Donald." She spoke back in the same tone, emphasizing his name. "These kids are my loyalty. All else be damned. Make sure that shit stays away from our kids."