TWELVE

James met her as she got out of the jeep, "hey baby." Directed her to his place, pulling her into a deep kiss.

Against his lips, "hmm, that's perfect."

Smiling, he patted her butt, "I have a few ideas I wanted to push past you." Following him into his living room, "boys are at your place. Alex started dinner so we could have a few minutes alone."

"Okay, I have something as well. What do you have?"

Turning his hat so it was over his eyes, a nervous trait. "I want to put together Jake's birthday party. Here. Is that okay?" She nodded. "Okay, that was the easy one. The site we're working on, the next cul-de-sac build will have four and five bedrooms. What would you think of putting a bid on the fiver?"

With raised brows, "five?"

"Our kids, us, and an extra," he said nervously. "I already planned out a decontamination room for you-"

"Umm, you've thought that far ahead?"

Nodding, "further. But it's best to ask if it's a possibility or if you'll think about it. No more separate yards and such-."

"What's the timeframe on this?"

"We'll be done with the first sac in three weeks. Then start on the one I am interested in. My guys are taking the other houses."

Sitting back, "and we sell these two?"

Nodding, "will you think about it? I'll do some upgrades on this place, raise the market value. I'll have enough for closing costs and whatnots. This place," glancing to the room, "it wasn't an end goal. We have some time, still need to build them." Letting out a sigh, she nodded. He just laid out a lot of life changes. "And Jake wanted me to talk to you about signing him up for football with my two. Your schedule is tight, that is why he hasn't mentioned it, he's worried about asking. We'll take care of it. Practice, the games."

"Am I asking too much for you to take that on though?"

"Not at all, I want to."

He had already built his relationship with Jake, they all had, couldn't think of a reason off the bat to turn down the offer. "Alright. My turn. I had to work with Donald today or did you know already?"

"I knew."

"Flip your cap around when I'm talking please." He adjusted his hat, bill to the back. Leaning over she kissed him, until she was straddled over his lap. Everything she felt for him until she thought her heart would burst. His hands showed just how he was enjoying it and teased for what would happen after they put the kids to bed.

With a moan, she pulled away. "Your kisses are the best." He smiled as she ran her thumb over his lips and jaw. "I'm falling for you James. Hard. That is why I didn't tell anyone about my job."

"I know. Scott told me."

Frowning, "it wasn't his to tell."

"Maybe not, but he knew how much it was hurting both of us. So he made a decision. I'm still here, Lisa. I'm not running."

Letting out a breath, forehead to his, "I love you."

Nudging her forehead back, "I've been in love with you."

Smiling, "if I kiss you again right now, I won't be able to finish."

Squeezing her butt, "it's my job to make sure you finish. What else do you have?"

"Today." Feeling more awkward about it. "Scott brought by lunch, before he left he gave me one of these see-ya later kisses. Donald and I, well, we debated about it and if it was appropriate. I see it as a friendship-affection, not romantic. When I tried to explain it as one sided affection, from the guys to me versus me to them, it got confusing. My god, this is weird!"