NINETEEN

Lisa was in the playroom with the boys. Avoiding the tension in the main room that she couldn't shake. The nap, refreshing as it was, didn't wipe away the gut wrenching worry of what was to come. Homework had been completed while she slept. Cuddles witj Jake on one side, Jared on the other. Sean was seated on the floor between her feet, watching a movie with them.

Sean sat up, reaching for the remote, "Lisa. We have a question." Turning, he looked up at her as he sat on back on his calves. Speaking and in ASL, "we know you and Dad are together. We see you two and he's happy. We wanted to ask if you, if you could maybe be our mom too."

Taking her arms from behind the boys, "are you sure that's what you want?"

Jared, turned to her and signed, 'yes. A mom for all three of us. Another brother, a family. Say yes, please yes.'

With everything that was going on, her heart melted on the spot. James' sons, while surrounded by men were starved for a mother. Had seen it. "Yes."

The two got up and hugged her tightly. "Jake. Are you okay with this?" She asked over the twins heads.

He nodded, "I get two brothers, they get a mom. Fair trade off. Plus we get James and Alex and the guys." He giggled, "you're outnumbered."

Laughing, "for sure."

Leaning back, "boys," she said along in ASL, "I think, you three should talk with your Dad or James," she directed to Jake. "Make sure he is okay with it."

The three stood leaving the room in a hurry, Jared flashing an I love you sign before he left. Her heart swelled at seeing him with his pinky, index and thumb up-directed to her. Feeling emotions well up, she placed her elbows on her knees covering her face with her hands.

"That was the perfect moment if you ask me," Pat said from the doorway.

"You heard?"

"All of it." He sat down beside her. "Those boys, it's different from you and Jake. Jake grew up loving you. Those two, they chose you. A high honor to receive."

Smiling, she looked over at him, "yeah. They did." The well broke and she shed the tears. Pat picked her up, held her as they fell. The moment she just shared with the boys, the stress of the evening.

"We love you Pix. You belong in that family and with us." She nodded into his shoulder.

A few minutes, she was able to compose herself. "Why is every time I turn around, someone has their goods on you." James said from the door.

"We're just that good. Deal with it!" Pat replied back helping her up as she took James' hand.

"My boys say you're their mother now."

A chuckled laugh, "if that's what they say, then it must be true." She smiled.

"Then we better do this right. Will you make an honest man out of me by being my wife, mother for my boys, Queen to my club?"

She nodded. "Yes."

Kissing her, "I'm gonna love you for the rest of my life Lisa."

Hand on his cheek, "I love you too."

Taking her hand, he kissed it. Leading her into the main hall, "she said Yes!"

The tension left the room. The groups sat and had dinner scattered through the compound. Several well-wishes were received to them both.

As the hours passed though, the weight came back. Nabbing a smoke, she went out back, grateful for the dark. "You okay?"

Turning her head over her shoulder, she nodded to Donald. "Yeah. Just feeling the weight of what may happen."