real life

The thing is Brendon was actually looking forward to having a cup of coffee with Dallon. While Dallon's invite was very demanding and borderline threatening, hanging out with the giant was actually fun.

Dallon is a pretty nice guy once you get to know him and look past his sarcastic comments. He is an absolute nerd when it comes to Doctor Who and superheroes. He gets flustered whenever Taylor is brought up, then defensive when somebody asks if he likes her (which is pretty obvious at this point, yet nobody knows if Taylor feels the same way). Also, he is very real. He does not even attempt to hide himself for anyone anymore. Dallon learned the hard way how toxic that habit could be.

Brendon is proud that Dallon was healthy.

Brendon is also pissed that Dallon seemed to have ditched him.

Sitting in their usual booth with a plain black coffee, Brendon taps his finger against the table's wooden face. Each tap getting more aggressive than the last one due to his patience thinning each passing second.

Brendon is not known to be the most patient person. In fact, he can't even sit through the trailers before a movie without getting irritated at how many there are (in his defense, he was only there to watch the movie he was invested in and not the promos). Each moment he waits is another moment where he grows annoyed and very unpleasant to be around.

Of course, this doesn't stop an unknowing victim from tapping on a very irritated Brendon Urie. Not knowing the trap he set himself in.

Brendon let out a groan and kept his gaze on his tea, "could you not right now? I'm waiting for someone and I am NOT in the mood to make small talk right now."

"Brendon, right?" The person squeaks out.

Brendon rolls his eyes and didn't bother hiding his annoyance, "who's asking?"

"Ryan Ross."

Ryan Ross.

Brendon, without any second thought, quickly whips his head around (his neck fighting back at the speed of the turn) and looks up at a very tall and very lanky young man who claimed to be Taylor's new guy friend he has secretly (not really) developed a boner for.

Ryan Fucking Ross

The tall young man, mostly legs and very lanky, bit his ("very, very pink," Brendon thinks) lip nervously as his honey coated eyes scanned Brendon up and down. Not in a judging way by any means, but in a way that showed how curious Ryan was. Brendon felt insecure, but also flattered at how Ryan just keeps letting his eyes digest every single detail of his body. From Brendon's tattoos to his football field forehead, the eyes did not miss a single inch.

"I'm sorry," Brendon says after an awkward minute of observing silently had passed, "I-I'm just a bit irritated that someone who was supposed to meet me for breakfast has most likely ditched me."

Ryan quirks an eyebrow, "what makes you think they ditched?"

"It's been about forty minutes and they still aren't here."

Ryan nods in understanding. Forty minutes seems like a reasonable amount of time to believe that one has been ditched. He gave Brendon a very small sympathetic smile, "well, I'm on the same boat buddy. I got ditched as well."

Brendon frowns. He tries to ignore his heart doing a tiny victory dance at the thought that a possible date ditched Ryan and was not going to pursue anything with his crush anytime soon.

"Well guess we are starting a club for losers who get ditched, huh?" Brendon, pathetically, jokes.

Ryan giggles softly and covers his mouth with the back of his hand. Brendon is damn well surprised his heart isn't jumping out of his chest and claiming Ryan as his own right there.

Fuck, Ryan Ross.

Ryan clears his throat and shrugs at Brendon, "I guess. I'm just very surprised because Taylor does not seem like the type to ditch a friend for breakfast."

Click. A click in Brendon's mind, and everything made sense now.

Fucking Taylor Swift and Dallon Weekes.

Of all the methods Taylor pulls out of her ass to set Brendon up with a really cute guy, this was her best one? The worn out "my date ditched me and you're my saving grace" trick? Brendon will definitely stop by her house and throttle the blonde to death after he finishes his drink.

"Taylor really isn't. She's just..." Brendon trails off, not knowing what to say that doesn't make his best friend sound like a nasty person in any way.

Ryan waves it off, "no it's fine. I'm sure she is very busy. I mean, being an upcoming musician must be lots of work."

Brendon nods along, "right, exactly!"

More awkward silence came between the two of them and Brendon just wants to sink into his seat at how weird and sudden this interaction is.

Fuck, I'm sorry for my idiot friends Ryan Ross.

Ryan looks down at his shoes with a new found interest and rubs them together, "would you um... would you mind if I join you?"

Shocked at the question, Brendon lets the silence carry on as he takes longer than normal to give Ryan an answer.

Red slowly dances its way to Ryan's cheeks as the embarrassment and anxiety kicks in, "o-or I could go-?"

"No! Please sit. L-Let's get to know each other, yeah?"

A small grin and a nod was given back.

Fucking Ryan Fucking Ross.

💄👄💋

note
so, i guess i am making dallon and taylor a thing? yeah, i don't know where that came from they are just two of my favorite people so that just popped out. yet, i'm not personally hating it. i don't know how you all feel though so why don't you give me your two cents (politely please)?
have a good day!

👼🏻