real life

"Hey Brendon! Could you come here real quick?"

Brendon, while fixing his hair in the bathroom, looked out the door into his boyfriend's bedroom. He grinned at the lanky boy curled up on the floor with a guitar in his hand. A piece of paper was laying in front of him.

"Coming Ry!"

Brendon walked out of the bathroom and sat next to Ryan. Ryan grinned at him and laid his head on Brendon's shoulder.

"I have something I wanted to show you before you left," Ryan whispered.

Brendon bit his lip, and tried his best to not think about the separation again. Last time the two were apart, he fucked up big time. He really does not want to make the same mistake again, and the reminder of him going back to New York tomorrow just made him even more worried. He knows he'll do his best to not mess up, but what if it's not enough?

Brendon's mind was silenced when a pair of soft lips were pressed against the tip of his nose. His cheeks heated up, and he covered his face with his hands.

"I hate it when you do that Ry," he mumbled into his palms.

Ryan just grinned, "what you mean this?"

Lips were on every inch of Brendon's face as the younger boy burst out laughing at his boyfriend's antics. He gently pushed Ryan back and ran a hand through his brown curls.

He really didn't deserve Ryan. After the whole shit show he put on the two of them, the boy still took him back. Of course, it wasn't going to be smooth from there. Ryan still is rightfully angry about a few things, but Brendon knows they can move on from them.

He knows they can survive whatever comes for them next.

"What did you want to show me?" Brendon asks.

Ryan sat back in his spot and adjusted the guitar on his lap, "you know how you said you wrote me a song a day after we got together?"

Brendon nodded.

"Well, I have something written for you. It's not fully finished though, so bare with me."

He grinned at Ryan, and leaned back on his elbows. He nodded for him to start.

Brendon's eyes traveled to Ryan's hands as the other boy starts strumming his guitar. He had his pick thankfully. Brendon didn't have to scold him this time for forgetting it. His eyes traveled back up to his boyfriend's face as he concentrated on the sheet of paper still sitting in front of him.

"You should take this heart of mine. Always had that heart of mine."

Brendon sat up and scooted closer to Ryan. He laid his head on Ryan's shoulder and closed his eyes. He let the melodic sound of his boyfriend and his guitar carry him away.

Like his boyfriend, Brendon daydreamed about their future as well. He imagines their wedding to be a small ceremony because he knows Ryan hates big crowds. He imagines serenading to Ryan during the reception and recollecting embarrassing stories about the couple. Yet, what he imagines the most is the night when they are curled up under the sheets and Brendon sings Ryan to sleep like every other night. Only this time, Ryan would have his last name.

(Unless Brendon takes his. Who knows? That's still months, maybe even years, to come.)

He opened his eyes and looked up at his boyfriend. Ryan wasn't concentrating on the piece of paper anymore. Instead, he was watching Brendon fondly and continued strumming the melody as he stares into his eyes.

Brendon's hand leans up and cups Ryan's cheek. His thumb gently strokes at the reddening skin underneath. Every touch making both boys grow warmer with affection for the other.

Ryan smiles, soft and shy before he sings the final lyrics.

"Always had that heart of mine. Always had that heart of mine..."

The strumming slowly comes to an end, and Brendon doesn't hold back. He gently pushes the guitar off of Ryan and tackles him to the floor. Ryan just laughs and wraps his arms around Brendon. He leans up, and kisses him. It's all warm, just the way Brendon likes it.

Brendon pulls back and carefully lays down on Ryan. He pushes the boys hair out of his eyes and smiles down at him.

Ryan stares back up at him and whispers, "I love you."

"I love you too," Brendon whispers.

With another kiss, Brendon knows for sure that Ryan definitely has his heart.

🌻

note
oh my god, that's the last chapter. i don't know how to FEEL. ahhhhhh. epilogue is left!
have a good day!

👼🏻