real life: the plan

It's been two weeks.

Yet, two weeks felt like two years. Maybe even two decades.

Ryan stares at the soggy cereal in his bowl as he stirs his spoon. He has been having either takeout or cereal for his meals the past two weeks because he wasn't motivated enough to cook himself anything (he was a shit cook anyway).

Not only was he not very motivated to cook, but he just wasn't motivated to do anything. Which was strange for him. He has been through a breakup before, and he could snap out of the heartbreak after a day or two. Yet, this breakup was different. It doesn't help that Ryan did not really want to break up with Brendon in the first place, but Ryan didn't think he would have to break up with Brendon ever.

Call Ryan a bit naive here, but he honestly saw a future with the other man. He even planned their wedding in his head, which he never saw himself doing for anyone. Their wedding would have probably been a quick trip to the courthouse with Z and maybe Taylor or Dallon as their witnesses. They would be so wrapped up with each other after Brendon proposed that they would say, "fuck it" and get married the same night. Z would be a bit annoyed that there wasn't at least a ceremony, but cry with joy when they both say, "I do". Dallon would pat Brendon on the back and ruffle Ryan's hair while Taylor maybe sang a song or two when they were all settled at Brendon's house.

The whole imagination was ridiculous, and yet it brought a smile to Ryan's face. It was stupid daydreams like that which took Ryan out of reality for a while. Something he needed every once in a while.

Too bad he could kiss that daydream goodbye.

With a groan, Ryan stood up and took his dish to the sink. He dumped out the remaining contents of his cereal, and threw his dish in the sink to join the ready of the dirty dishes party. He dragged himself to his bedroom and sat on the floor in front of his TV. He had been wrapped up in his bed so much lately that he was getting sick of the imaginary comfort the black and white sheets brought. The floor was becoming his rebound.

Ryan grabbed the remote that was set at the end of the bed, and turned the TV on. He mindlessly channel surfed, nothing was too interesting to him at the moment. Until he stopped on a movie channel. It was near the end of the movie, and he decided to just watch it.

It was The Wedding Singer, one of Ryan's favorite Adam Sandler's movies. Makes it even better that Drew Barrymore is starring right alongside the comedian. Ryan let out a small smile as Robbie, Sandler's character, began to serenade to Julia, Barrymore's character, on the plane. It was one of his favorite songs from the entire movie.

"So let me do the dishes in the kitchen sink..." Ryan mumbled along, "...put you to bed when you've had too much to drink."

Ryan's throat started to close up on him on the lyrics. So, he closed his eyes and let Robbie Hart finish the song.

"Oh, I could be the man who grows old with you."

Well.

"I wanna grow old with you."

Fuck.

Ryan pressed the mute button on the remote, and rubbed his teary eyes. Maybe digging under the sheets again wouldn't bother him so much.

That was supposed to be his Saturday night plans, until his bedroom door slammed open.

Ryan yelped and jumped up from the floor, holding up the remote as his weapon to the intruders. One of the intruders had awfully familiar dirty blonde hair, and the other could easily slap his forehead into the top of the doorframe.

Z and Dallon.

Ryan groaned at them and threw the remote back on the bed. He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at the pair, "what encouraged you two to break into my house on a Saturday night?"