Abir

The first thing I did was call Mishti. The rings were going through, but no one was picking up the call. Then finally a voice, "Abir Bro!"  

"Kuhu, where is Mishti!" I asked her. 

"She is downstairs. Abir Bro, where are you? Is Kunal alright? Can you come here at Maheshwari House?"

"Is everything okay Kuhu?" I could sense that something had gone wrong in my absence. As she explained everything that had happened in my absence, I could feel how much hurt Mishti must have been. My mom had insulted her once again . 

"Abir Bro, dadu is very furious. He is adamant that he will never allow Meenaskhi Rajvansh to be Mishti's mother in law. Things became out of control, she tore the cards and ended the alliance."  

I had goosebumps. I did not expect Maa to confront the Maheshwaris in this manner.  Maheshwaris were Kuhu's family, they must be so worried for Mishti and now they must be worried about Kuhu too.  I wish I was there at the time, I would have handled the situation.   Why hadn't anyone called me to inform what had happened. There was just one missed call from Mishti.  

"Abir bro, say something?" Kuhu spoke worriedly.

"Kuhu, I'm sending you a location, please come here with Mishti."  

"Okay big bro, I will try. How is Kunal? Is he alright?" Kuhu's concern had not ended.  

"He will be fine."  I replied, "Please come here, we'll sort everything once we together." I ended the call. 

The anger was boiling inside me, how much I wished to shout at Maa and tell her to stop interfering in my life and insulting the people I loved. But there was no point of talking to Maa,  who she had conveniently ruined everything good that was happening in my life.  Although I knew Maa wasn't going to stop anytime soon, I was determined that from today onward I won't let her hurt the people I love.  I won't let her manipulate anyone. If she didn't improve herself, I would leave her forever.  I looked at my living room, I thought yesterday that I might not have move away from Rajvansh House and today I stood here. My brother's life had changed with one truth. Mishti's old wounds had become fresh again.  The  two people I loved the most in this world were so sad because of Maa. MISHBIR HOUSE was always meant to be filled with happiness, as I waited for Mishti and Kuhu to arrive, I decided that I won't let anyone be worried  about the chapters that were yet to open and the one which had already unfolded in this house. Mishbir House will only invite happy memories.  My eyes  set on the wall where I had painted MISHBIR'S KITCHEN with blue paint. If my mother didn't improve, I will move away from her and live a life away from Maa. For the first time, it just felt like MISHBIR House was the best investment of my life. Away from the  drama and the worries, a place where I could belong. 

My thoughts ended when my  stomach grumbled.  I picked up the vegetables, switched up on the song Mishti loves and started cook.  As I finished cooking, I became more restless.  It had been an hour since I had the call with Kuhu but I did not receive any messages nor any calls. I picked up the phone to call again when  the door bell rang.  I sped to open the door and there stood the love of my life, Mishti, still in the attire that she wore in the morning. She had looked so beautiful and happy in the morning, but now her hair was a mess and her eyes were swollen with all the worry and crying. 

"Abir." Her voice came out as a whisper, she spread her arms and I hugged her back.  

"Everything is going to be alright Mishti, shhh, stop crying." I kissed her head and tried to calm her down. "Stop crying now Mishti, you're home." I broke out of the hug and looked at them both, "Stay  here, both of you !"I hurried back to the kitchen and brought in the oil to pour. It was a tradition to pour oil at sides of the door when someone special came for the first time  to the house.  I did the same,it was meant to be auspicious. 

"This place?" Kuhu stepped into the house.  

"Welcome to..." i started but Mishti's completed the statement,"Mishbir House!" I couldn't stop smiling.

"Mishbir?" Kuhu asked with a frown.

"Mishti and Abir!" Kunal spoke. 

"Kunal," Kuhu went to him and gave him a hug.  It was perhaps this hug that Kunal wanted the most as he  placed his head on her shoulder and took a deep breath of her freshness. He was relieved to see her, "Kuhu..."

But before he could say anything, Kuhu interrupted, " Abir Bro, do I smell food? I'm very hungry." 

"Yes, Kuhu, I have made some vegetable noodles specially for Kunal! And I have tired to make Khichdi for Mishti." 

"And for me?" Kuhu asked. 

"For you, I have made some fresh pineapple juice with ginger and some neem! Hashtag Nutritional Hashtag Healthy." I tried to lighten the mood."Come on, let's eat first," I looked at Mishti who hadn't looked away from my face, "We will talk about everything Mishti, but I just want to spend some happy time with just four of us. I want our first day in our home to be a happy one, please." 

Mishti nodded, she had tears in her eyes, "You didn't tell me, you started decorating and adding furniture to the house?" 

 "I wanted to surprise you."

"I'm surprised!" She smiled as she looked around the living room. 

"I've left out many things for you to add. We will add everything according to your choice!" 

"Thank you Abir," Mishti  eyes glistened.  Kuhu and Kunal had slowly left the room.  Mishti held my hands and looked into my eyes, "I love you Ajeeb Rajvansh." She hugged me and I found my peace as a wrapped my arms around her petite body.  "I love you too Angry Chorni." The living room had become so silent, the only thing that I could hear was our slow breathing. I pulled her closer to my body and closed my eyes to live the moment peacefully.  My angry chorni was in my arms and nothing else mattered.  

"Your heartbeat," Mishti broke the silence,"I love listening to it." 

"Mishti, we will always be together, I promise to you." She took a step back, held my  hand and kissed it. "I will always be with you," she said as she looked into my eyes.  I closed the distance between us and whispered in her ear, "I know." 

She shyly looked down. I felt the goosebumps that had appeared on her arms. I lifted her chin and made her look straight into my eyes. She placed her hands on the back of my neck. I shifted my hands on her waist and pulled her closer.  A slight smile formed and she lowered her gaze.  My angry chorni would always get nervous at moments like these. I again lifted her chin and shook my head, indicating that I didn't want her to look away.  Her smile got larger and I bent forward to kiss her forehead and then the tip of the nose. I looked at her pink lips and then looked into her eyes and then glanced back at the lips. She closed her eyes, her one hand twined around my neck and the other hand dug into my hair. As my grip on the waist tightened, I felt her lips slightly tremble but then a slight smile formed on her lips. We both knew we were ready. I lowered my face and our lips touched, it was a soft touch. I kissed them gently, one short kiss.  She brought her hand on my cheek  then opened her eyes to look at me. We had never been this close. Her fingers felt my short stubble and she smiled shyly again.  

"Mishti," her name came as whisper, "I love you." As I was about to step back from our intimate position, Mishti got on her toes and startled me as she placed her lips on my lips and kissed me back.  Her hands gripped the back of my neck more strongly this time. I couldn't believe that my angry chorni was this daring too. As I kissed her back, I could feel her heartbeat increasing against my body. Suddenly, the temperature of the room increased. It was our first kiss. It was even more special as it was at our home, the MISBHIR HOUSE. My body just wanted to waltz through the night as it felt like I had attained true bliss after so many years.  

I had plans to publish this on the Valentine's Day but due to the overwhelming response I have received on this story, I couldn't stop myself from publishing it. So please vote and comment! The next point of view hasn't been written yet so please wait patiently.