Mishti

For all those who were waiting for an update, it is HERE! Thank you for your patience! I hope you enjoy this point of view! :) 

Water droplets had started hitting the window panels, when Abir broke the silence, "Maa is going to send the card for printing tomorrow if I don't break up with you." He looked at me, taking my hand in his and kissed my hand gently. His eyes were watery and I could feel the pain, the pain that was raw in my heart.

"Which card, Bro?" Kuhu innocently asked, "Maa broke the alliance then which card?"

He turned his eyes towards Kunal, who was biting his lower lip and looked anxiously at his brother.

"An invite for changing Kunal's name from Rajvansh to Kapadia." A lone tear came down his cheek. "I don't know how Maa can do this, how heartless she can be. She disapproves this marriage alliance and she is willing to go as low as this. She is going to ruin the happiness of everyone just to make me break up with Mishti," he locked his eyes with me, "the love of my life. She doesn't care about anyone except herself, she doesn't care about my happiness,"he turned to look at Kunal, "Kunal's happiness, who has done everything in this life for Maa. Parul Masi's sacrifice and happiness will all come to a end. She gave up everything dear to her for Kunal," he rested his head on the sofa,"how did Maa become this selfish?" Everyone had tears in their eyes, Abir was crying, unable to control himself, Kunal too had become teary- eyed listening to Abir, Kuhu tried to sooth him down. I tried to comfort Abir, wrapping my arms around his shoulders hoping to provide him the love he needed, but this pain was rough, felt like it would last forever.

"Abir, we'll find a solution." He rested his face on my shoulder, slowing making his breathing come to normal, he wiped his tears and looked at Kuhu and Kunal, who was now holding his hands on his forehead. "This nightmare has to end, bhai."

"It will Nanko! You are with me, right?" Abir's voice was back to normal, more stern and more aware. "I will never let anything happen to you Nanko," he walked towards him, " you are my brother and will always be my brother. My first unconditional love has been for you and it will always be for you."

"Always Bhai?" Kunal looked up and stood to hug him.

"Always Nanko!"

Kunal broke away from the hug and made Abir sit down, he knelt in front of him and spoke, the words came slowly, "This is difficult for me... and it will take ages to get used to it, but I know that what Maa," he was conflicted, "what your Maa is doing is not right. I see it Bhai, today I see it, she wants to control you, she always wanted to control you," he squeezed his eyes shut and then as a whisper spoke the words that couldn't have been truer, " she controlled me and now she is using me so that she can control you." He felt defeated, his shoulders sulked and he looked lifeless.

"And we will never let that happen, right Nanko?" Abir looked at him proudly, bringing him on his feet and them embracing him, "today, it feels like my Nanko has become mature." He settled him down next to Kuhu and walked back towards me, taking my hand, "Our wedding will happen and ," he picked him his phone and indicating to the message, "Maa will never be successful in ruining so many lives!"

"What have you thought Abir?" is all I could ask him.

"I am not going to let her win, not going to let her control me. Maa is wrong. I know how to solve this, bring an end to all this because now, I know, Maa will never learn, she will never approve of you," he eyes glistened with tears, "Mishti, you are the one person she will never be able to control and she cannot control me and now she is feeling restless." He looked at all of us and smirked, "The antagonist in my life is my own Maa, and I now know she will do anything to control me, even hurt the people I love. But I will never let her control me or hurt anyone I love. We cannot change Maa now, in fact unless she realizes the grave mistake she is committing on her own, she will not change, neither her intentions  nor will her tactics. No one can change her mind now. We won't play games with her, we won't apologize, we'll let her do what she wants, but I promise none of us will be affected by it. Mishti and I will get married in the temple with the people who want to give us their blessings. I know Badi Maa and Bade Papa will come for us. I'll renounce my surname Rajvansh and leave the Rajvansh Sadan and move here in Mishbir House, away from Maa." I was astonished but no one had any words to break his monologue, "Nanko," he looked at Kunal and then at Kuhu, " Kuhu and you should shift with me, in fact, I think you should restart your life and move abroad. Go to London, start a business, take Parul Masi with you," he closed his eyes, "she has always been a great mother figure for us, and she is your real mother too. You are lucky that she is your mother. She has spent her prominent share of life in the shadow of her Ben Ba, she sacrificed enough for you, but not anymore, she has the right to be happy again Kunal, to live the dignified life that she lost because of Mehul Kapadia and Maa. She was rightfully married to Mehul Kapadia. It is him who should have been punished not her. " Then he walked towards them, "Promise me, you will restart your life Kunal," giving a quick glance at Kuhu, "Kunal and Kuhu, you will give your life another chance."