I Want You To Be Happy

Ch 8

warning: graphic depictions of violence

"What the fuck have you done?!" Belphegor was foaming at that mouth, MC beside him, pale as a ghost. The duo stared at a door.

"I believe you can deduce that yourself." Lucifer's muffled voice came from behind the door. "The two of you will remain in the student council room for the entirety of the day. There's a bathroom to your right and lunch on the table. I had Mammon pick pocket your phones, and the windows and door are locked. Bang on the door as much as you like, but rarely anyone comes by this room, and the few people that have keys have been informed not to let you out. Don't bother trying to escape." Belphegor growled.

"People will notice we're missing!"

"Oh don't worry about that!" Diavolo's chirpy voice piped up. "I took the liberty of excusing you two from classes today! The administration believes you two are on a college visit. You won't be marked absent. Have fun!"

The duo walked away leisurely, ignoring the angry man banging on the door. "You think they'll be alright?"

"Belphie's not stupid enough to commit murder in a locked room."

"You know that isn't what I mean."

"Well, MC has an effect on all of us. On everyone. They're the kind of infectious person you want to be around. I don't have the right to doubt their abilities now."

"The ability of aggressive friendship, you mean? Yeah, I can see that. They did manage to rope Barbatos, of all people, into their hijinks." Diavolo pressed a kiss to the other's temple. "I'll trust your judgement, then."

"What was that?"

"What? The kiss? Should I not do that?"

"It was absolutely disgusting. Do it again."

Belphegor had been glaring at a fidgeting MC for the past 5 minutes. He'd worn out his voice yelling through the door, no longer having the energy to hurl insults at them. "This is your fault." 

"My fault? I never physically attacked you. I never did anything to you."

"You run your mouth as if you know anything about any of us. You've only been around for, what? A year at best? We've all known each other our entire lives. We're practically a family. Who are you to get in the way of that?"

"How delusional can you be?! I love your family! I love all of you; you're my friends! Why would I ever want to get in the way?"

"Hell if I know, hell if I care. Let me make myself clear. You cannot just waltz into our lives acting like you were always here. You can't think you'll ever be one of us. You weren't there when Lucifer lost everything. You weren't there when Asmo learned to hate relationships. You weren't there when Mammon's father broke his heart. You weren't there when Levi was bullied. You weren't there when Satan nearly beat someone to death protecting him. You weren't there when Beel and I lost lost Lilith." Belphegor was red faced. "Yet you think you know us? That you have any right to involve yourself into our problems? What the fuck do you know?"

MC stared at him, wide eyed. They took a moment too long to think about what to say. "Yeah... that's what I thought. Everyone, they treat you the way they treated Lilith. Even I have to admit, you act similar to her. They think you can replace the hole she left when she died. But you can't. You'll never be her. And they can be mad at me all they want for saying it, but I won't deny the truth." He sat down in his seat again after his tirade, resting his face in his arms. MC cleared their throat.