Prologue

A/N: Back at it again with some summer editing! Same characters, but a slightly different approach on the plot this time :) I'll be attempting to drill out some chapters over break so look forward to some new content! 
————————————-

"Are you happy?"

Perhaps this was the most idiotic of questions, or perhaps the concept of happiness was fathomless to the human mind. Perhaps there were too many 'what if's' to consider even the possibility of happiness.

What does it mean to be happy?

In a merciless world where there is no alternate ending; innocents destined to die in bloodshed, protectors fated to bear witness to the crumble of humanity. In a world where those who raise swords might as well have dug their own graves, who can only look up to the skies in hopes of someone, anyone to save them from this world.

Where is this happiness?

He looked down upon those naïve, hopeful eyes, realizing that he's taken too long of a time mulling over the question. A second nudge was given by the other individual, soon turning into pokes of frustration as the silence grew.

Finally, he decided to open his mouth, strings of melancholy words entering the surface.

"In another life."

May we always be happy.

-------------------------
Word count: 171

Chapter status: renewed [7/15/2022]

Thank you for reading ^^