Chapter 7

Shinazugawa Sanemi was no creep.

And he would not stand for being called a creep by a child of all people.

His actions were justified, were they not? He had heard news of the Insect Pillar's absence in the estate due to a mission, so he simply took this as chance to make a friendly visit to her home.

So surely, standing out in her garden staring directly into the eyes of someone none other than Kanzaki Aoi wasn't something a creep would do.

"I must request that you leave this estate, Sanemi-sama."

Sanemi did not budge from his place on the ground, arms crossed over his chest with his eyes closed.

"Not until you let me in and see the kid."

Aoi could only let out a sigh, rubbing her temples at the pillar's sudden childishness. "Shinobu-san had strictly prohibited anyone from entering the estate while she's gone." The female attempted to explain, only to irk at the sight of her words going in one ear and out the other. "That includes pillars Sanemi-sama."

"Not. Until. I. See. The-"

"Whose...this creep Aoi-chan?"

Then the world simply shattered.

In a panicked state, the blue-eyed female hastily ushered the voice back into the building, looking back at the white-haired male who seemed to be at his breaking point. With the slamming of the door, Sanemi burst aloud in anger, fury emitting from his entire figure as steam seemed to come out from his ears.

"WHOSE CALLING ME A CREEP NOW!?"

"He's loud Aoi-chan." The same voice uttered quietly, greatly contrasting Sanemi's loud behavior. "Tell him to go away..."

"HA!? And who do YOU think you are to tell me where to go and how loud I can be-"

"Sa. Ne. Mi. Sa. Ma."

Fire seemed to emit from the helper, eyes pointed angrily as she bared her fists together in anger. Her words came out slow and hard, emphasizing each word with great anger. "Shinobu-san has strictly prohibited anyone from entering the estate."

"I must ask that you leave."

Not wanting to argue with the female any longer, Sanemi angrily made his leave from the garden, kicking the ground as a string of colorful words left his mouth, tainting the ears of anyone unfortunate enough to pass the male by.

I will not let it end like this-!

---------------

He indeed did not.

The next day he came by, he made sure to come at the break of dawn, being as quiet as possible when entering the garden.

Ha! Surely nobody will-

"Ah, it's Mr. Creep again."

The male jumped up into the air in fright, letting out a shrill scream as he clutched his chest.

"What the fu-"

"Why are you here so early, Mr. Creep?"

Before he even had a chance to taint ears early in the morning, his state of panic was soon interrupted, causing him to look down at whatever the source of the voice was in annoyance.

What he saw had irked him more.

A child.

One that looked no older than 8, nonetheless.

Deciding on a calmer route, Sanemi dropped down on the ground with a sigh, to which the child followed suit, taking a careful seat next to the male.

"It's none of your business."

Tilting her head to the side, the child responded monotonously. "But you were here yesterday too. If you need something inside the estate, I can bring it for you Mr. Creep."

Brows twitching in annoyance, Sanemi's lips contorted into a scowl. "I don't need help from one of Shinobu's damned workers, especially a child." Then, he made no hesitation to turn around to face the child, scowl deepening. "And its Sanemi-sama, not Mr. Creep. You got it kid?"

"Salmon?"

"No. Sa. Ne. Mi."

"Su. Shi. Mi?"

The urge to punch a child was extremely hard to resist.

Seeing his irked expression, the child seemed to come to an understanding, nodding continuously as she repeated his name once more.

"Don't be angry Mr., I got it."

"Mr. Salami!"

"..."

"Hey kid."

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever tried flying?"

——————————————
Word count: 676

Chapter status: renewed [7/15/2022]

Thank you for reading ^^