Chapter 6

Shinazugawa Sanemi wasn't one for patience.

It's been more than two weeks since the news of the child from the burned village, and he still hasn't had the opportunity to meet the sole survivor of the calamity.

The same applied for the other Pillars --- except for the Insect and Water Pillars.

But who cared about the others?

The male grew impatient by the day, and each day that passed by with no news of a pillar meeting, the more anger that built within Sanemi.

Dammit! What's taking so long!? Sanemi thought in frustration, anxiously bouncing his legs up and down as he sipped on some afternoon tea, uneaten dango placed neatly on the table before him. If there's no news for another week, I'm going to beat the hell out of someone-!

"Sanemi-sama."

The sound of his name being called broke his line of thought, and the interruption brought an irked expression to his face, slamming his cup of tea to the table as he turned to scream at whoever came to visit his estate.

"WH-"

But he was only met with an opened door in his line of sight, looking down to see a small envelope at the front. 

Upon realizing what the contents of the letter must be, Sanemi wasted no time to rush over, demolishing the seal and quickly opening the paper. As he scanned the neatly written letters, his smile grew as he continued to read, letting out a laugh whilst covering his face.

Finally, finally!

An invitation for the meeting had finally arrived.

---------------

A week.

It wasn't a surprise when his anger returned as fast as his joy appeared. Another full week had to pass by before the official date of the meeting arrived, and the thought extremely pissed off the pillar. After a shattered tea set and a demolished table later, Sanemi finally found the heart to calm down, taking in deep breathes before reading through the contents of the letter once again.

                     A Pillar Meeting Will Be Held

All Are Required To Attend

Matters Of The Incident At Shiminawa Village Will
                                    Be Discussed.

XX/XX/XXXX

The incident at Shiminawa Village.

On normal circumstances the disaster wouldn't be considered as important. Of course, there would be mourning and restoration of the area, but usually it would be left in the hands of the Kakushi and be done with.

There would be no need for the attention of all the pillars.

However, this was a special case. And these special cases always had the pillars at the edge of their seats, because these special cases are what bring them closer to their ultimate goal.

The neck of the Demon King.

The incident at Shiminawa Village was no different --- his presence was detected in the area.

But the more curious fact of them all was that there was a survivor.

A survivor within Muzan's own havoc.

Curious indeed.

------------------------
Word count: 484

Chapter status: renewed [7/15/2022]

Thank you for reading ^^