Chapter 1: The Underground

You found yourself on a bed of flowers. A girl was also there, next to you, unconscious.

You didn't know where you were. Fredbear then started to speak to you.

"Do not be afraid Michael. This is the Underground, a place of nice monsters."

You became terrified at the mention of monsters, but calmed down.

"Don't worry, the Human Frisk will lead you through the Underground. She won't know who you are, but she'll help you."

You nodded as Fredbears presence disappeared. Then Frisk started to wake up. She was surprised when she saw you.

"Another Human!? I-I mean... hi! I'm Frisk." She said nervously but you ignored it.

"Ok, I'm Michael. And also, where are we?" You asked.

"We're in the Undergrou- I-I MEAN! I don't know. Where are we?" Frisk said nervously sweating but you still decided to ignore it. You also kind of find her cute... WAIT WHAT!? You blushed as you thought that, but thankfully Frisk didn't notice.

"Ok..? Anyways, shouldn't we get going?" You asked.

"Yeah, we should. Let's go!" Frisk said.

You and Frisk went through a gateway or doorway, whichever one it is. Both of you then saw a patch of grass. There was a flower, with a face!? It noticed us both, and it had a confused expression.

"Two Humans? Never dealt with two at once before, oh well." It said with a smile. "Howdy! I'm Flowey! Flowey the flower! You're both new to the Underground arn'cha? Well, guess I'll have to teach you two how things work around here. Ready? Here we go!" Flower said.

The area then turned black and two hearts appeared. One was red and the other... was mostly black with very little red in the middle fighting against the black that was eating little by little away.

This shocked Frisk and Flowey. They could only stare at your Soul. This scared Flowey who thought it was something... else.

"You're Soul. What is happening to it?" Flowey asked.

You knew what was going on with your Soul. Fredbear told you once.

Flashback
Night 3 | 12:00 am

You were running and shutting doors as usual. You didn't want to go through this. Were you the only one who had these nightmares? Were you the only one?

3:00 am

You were tired and didn't think you could take any more. That's when you felt a sudden pain in your stomach. Your Soul... your Soul? It came out of your chest and hovered in front of you. The heart was mostly red, but the outline of the Soul was black! It was eating away the red.

"F-Fredbear! W-What's happening?" You asked frantically.

"Michael, your Soul... the Nightmares are consuming it. Every week, everyday, the Nightmares are eating away every bit of HOPE and DETERMINATION you have until there is nothing left. Sadly, there is nothing I can do... or at least for now."

You continued to cry out in pain as the pain got worse. The pain then disappeared...

6:00 am
Flashback End

You decided not to tell them. "I-I... don't want to talk about it."

"Why? Your Soul is in a very bad state!" Flowey said.

"I just don't want to talk about it!" I said backing up away from him.

Flowey then remembered what it could be. Chara..? Flowey dogged into the ground while Frisk continued to observe your Soul.

She couldn't help but stare at it. It was... unique in a way. But also scary in a way.

Then, a Goat-Woman came out from the second gateway. She was surprised to see two Humans at the same time.

When you saw her, you didn't feel scared. But you felt safe... you're filled with...

...

Determination.