Chapter 19: The CORE and Mettaton...

(Extended Chapter. Woo hoo.)

Michael POV

It's been 2 Days since I defeated Nightmare. My Soul has actually gotten better. No more Nightmares, no more Nightmare... and no Nightmare Puppet. Well, he just disappeared, don't know where he went.

We were at the CORE! Which was what it was called. Our Journey was finally coming to an end.

...

You two were ready to enter the CORE. You both entered as Alphys called.

"Ready? This is it. Take the elevator up to the top of the CORE." Alphys said still on the line.

You pushed the button, but the elevator didn't open.

"What? The elevator should be working... w-well then! Let's go to the left!"

You two went to the left.

"Okay, you both should be able to make it through here..."

You two encountered a Madjick as the area turns black.

"Abracadabra." It said as it sent projectiles at you both. An orb appearing in different places.

Frisk tells you to stare at the left while she stares at the right.

The orbs close...

As you spare Madjick, you encounter many, many monsters. Madjick, Knight Knight, Final Froggit, and more.

While you were going and sparing, a figure was watching from the shadows.

"Hmm... Frisk, you should know your way through this. But you don't want to make Michael suspicious, right? Very well then."

As more monsters appeared, we spared them and finally got to... a fancy doorway with a red light.

"Are we here? That took forever." You said hoping that this was it.

"Yeah, I think." Frisk said them went over to the elevator and put her hand out on... nothing?

She then went back to you. You didn't question her, you didn't want to.

You two went in and saw... Mettaton.

"OH YES, THERE YOU TWO ARE DARLINGS. IT SEEMS THAT YOU TWO ARE CLOSER THAN EVER!"

You both blushed.

"IT'S TIME TO HAVE OUR LITTLE SHOWDOWN. IT'S TIME TO FINALLY STOP THE "MALFUNCTIONING" ROBOT." Mettaton said.

"Yeah-" you were cut off.

"...NOT! MALFUNCTION? REPROGRAMMING? GET REAL. THIS WAS ALL JUST A BIG SHOW." Mettaton explained. "AN ACT. ALPHYS HAS BEEN PLAYING YOU FOR A FOOL THE WHOLE TIME. AS SHE WATCHED YOU TWO ON THE SCREEN, SHE GREW ATTACHED TO YOUR ADVENTURE. SHE DESPERATELY WANTED TO BE A PART OF IT. SO SHE DECIDED TO INSERT HERSELF INTO YOUR STORY. SHE REACTIVATED PUZZLES. SHE DISABLED ELEVATORS. SHE ENLISTED ME TO TORMENT YOU. ALL SO SHE COULD SAVE YOU TWO FROM DANGERS THAT DIDN'T EXIST."

You were shocked, but Frisk wasn't... that was until she saw your expression and opened her mouth, pretending to be shocked. This made you very suspicious... it's as if Frisk was hiding something. You decided to save that question until the fight was over.

"ALL SO YOU BOTH WOULD THINK SHE'S THE GREAT PERSON... THAT SHE'S NOT. AND NOW, IT'S TIME FOR HER FINEST HOUR. AT THIS VERY MOMENT, ALPHYS IS WAITING OUTSIDE THE ROOM. DURING OUR "BATTLE," SHE'LL INTERRUPT. SHE WILL PRETEND TO "DEACTIVATE" ME, "SAVING" YOU TWO ONE FINAL TIME. FINALLY, SHE'LL BE THE HEROINE OF YOUR ADVENTURE. YOU BOTH WILL REGARD HER SO HIGHLY SHE'LL EVEN BE ABLE TO CONVINCE YOU TWO NOT TO LEAVE... OR NOT." Mettaton said as the lights dimmed.

"YOU SEE, I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS PREDICTABLE CHARADE. I HAVE NO DESIRE TO HARM HUMANS. FAR FROM IT, ACTUALLY. MY ONLY DESIRE IS TO ENTERTAIN. AFTER ALL, THE AUDIENCE DESERVES A GOOD SHOW, DON'T THEY? AND WHAT'S A GOOD SHOW... WITHOUT A PLOT TWIST."

After Mettaton finished you both heard the door lock as Alphys tried to get in.

"H-Hey! Wh-Wh-What's going on!?" Alphys said. "Th-Th-The door just locked itself!"

The floor suddenly lit up with red lights.

"SORRY, FOLKS! THE OLD PROGRAMS BEEN CANCELED! BUT WE'VE GOT A FINALE THAT WILL DRIVE YOU WILD!" Mettaton said as the the ground shook. The thing you two were standing on rose up high.

"REAL DRAMA! REAL ACTION! REAL BLOODSHED! ON OUR NEW SHOW... "ATTACK OF THE KILLER ROBOT!""

The area turned black as your Souls popped out. Your Soul was glowing bright red with power as Frisk's Soul was just glowing red and not as bright.

"YES, I WAS THE ONE WHO RE-ARRANGED THE CORE! I WAS THE ONE THAT HIRED EVERYONE TO KILL YOU TWO! THAT, HOWEVER, WAS A SHORT-SIGHTED PLAN. YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER? KILLING YOU BOTH MYSELF!"

Frisk pulled out her phone and pressed a yellow button. Her Soul turned yellow and upside down. The Soul then shot out a projectile, which just bounced off of Mettaton.

Your Soul suddenly acted up... it turned a bright golden color and upside down. It then shot out a projectile and hit Mettaton, knocking him back into the wall.

"WHAT? HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO DO THAT!? ALPHYS MADE ME OUT OF THE STRONGEST METAL HERE... AND SOME MAGIC." Mettaton said.

"W-Well, my Soul is powerful... so I can defeat you. G-Give up." You said as Mettaton got off the wall.

"NEVER! I WON'T LOSE TO HUMANS... IN MY REAL FORM." Mettaton said.

Suddenly, he started shaking uncontrollably as he put his hands at the top of his body.

...BOOM!

Your bullets... they destroyed Mettaton. You didn't- you didn't mean to.

"What... -W-What happened?" Frisk asked.

"I-I don't know..." you said.

As the smoke cleared out, you saw Mettaton's destroyed body! Well... he didn't have any visuals to show that he was destroyed. Maybe he was out of battery! Yeah...

Alphys got the lock open.

"I... I managed to open the lock! Are you two..." Alphys said as she walked in and gasped. "Oh my god."

Mettaton's body was there. Hopefully he's just out of battery. Alphys must've spent hours or days making Mettaton, despite him being a killer/entertainment robot.

"Mettaton! Mettaton, are you..." Alphys said then slowly turned to the right. "...Thank GOD, it's just the batteries. Mettaton, if you were gone, I would have... I would have..." Alphys said. "...I m-mean, h-hey, it's n-no problem, you know. He's just a robot, if you two messed it up, I c-could always... j-just build another... why don't you two go ahead."

...

"Huh. It seems his Corrupted Soul might be powerful enough to break the Barrier. I highly doubt though."

Gaster watched Michael and Frisk as they went to fight Asgore.

...

...

...

(Season 1 is coming to an end...)