03

I walked down from my room, finally done unpacking everything, looking out the window to see the sun had already set and the moon was high in the sky. The city looked so beautiful at night, I could see all the bright lights from the buildings down below, but my apartment was high enough to see some of the stars in the sky.

I couldn't help but wonder what dad was doing, was he looking up at the sky thinking about me too?

Did he even notice I was gone? Or was he enjoying not having me around and being able to live in peace with his new family?

I stretched as I continued down the stairs trying to forget those negative thoughts, I wasn't going to live in the past anymore. Like Chloe told me, this is my fresh start and I needed to make the most of it.

I head into the kitchen, grabbing two slices of bread.

Who says 11:30 is too late to eat a delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

I make my food when suddenly I hear the ding from the elevator and a loud thump right after, I immediately head for the door and look through the small peephole. To make sure I wasn't in any danger.

That's weird...

I couldn't see anyone standing in the hall, so I assumed it would be okay to at least open the door and check if anything had happened causing that thump.

As soon as I open the door something or should I say someone heavy lands on my feet.

AHH!

I scream at the top of my lungs kicking the person off, running back into my apartment and over the couches. After a couple of seconds of not being dead, I peered over the couch and saw someone laying on the ground.

I crawl on my hands and knees slowly approaching the person, as I get closer I realize it was the man from early.

What was his name again... Riven?

He was completely knocked out, and thankfully it wasn't because I kicked him. I could smell the booze on him and his hair was a complete mess which is why I couldn't recognize his face before. I begin shaking him to see if he would at least wake up so I can throw him out of my apartment, but nothing.

"Dude, come on," I shout as I continue shaking him. "This isn't your apartment; you live next door."

"Aria..." he mumbles softly, placing himself in my lap like a puppy. "I miss you."

"Are you kidding me right now, my name is Violet," I annoyingly say pushing him off. "Go find your Aria if she's that important to you."

He grabs my waist and pulls himself into me hiding his face, before I can shove him off I hear a soft faint cry and he starts to shake as if he was scared. I wasn't heartless but this was beyond inappropriate, especially for someone with such an arrogant personality like him.

I reached for my phone in my back pocket and began to dial for Chloe so she could handle this mess, suddenly I remember he mentioned someone named Aria.

"Hey, do you want me to call this Aria person for you? I try asking. "Maybe she can come to take care of you, do you have her number?"

He doesn't say anything but his shaking does stop, though he was still sniffling from crying, he mumbles something to me.

"You can't call her," he says as one of his blue eyes appears from hiding in my shirt.

"Why not?" I ask, confused. "If she cares about you then it shouldn't be a problem, right?"

He pauses again as he looks at the apartment door with a sad expression, he turns his head back and hides in my shirt again, and holds on to me even tighter.