09

It's been a couple of weeks, almost a month actually since I started working with Riven, time has just flown by between the both of us. However, at the same time, it feels like I haven't gotten any closer.

Riven constantly switched on how he would treat me every day, one day he would be flirty and fun to be around, but others he was cold and distant.

We both definitely had a strange relationship going on, but it wasn't really one I wanted to talk about. On top of that, I had to deal with his arrogant brother, Xavier on a daily basis and also keep the two of them from killing each other.

And today was no different...

"Would you two stop this stupid argument already," I shout standing in the middle of Riven and Xavier. "Seriously, you're in the middle of the lobby crying out loud, keep it together!"

"I would if this idiot didn't take what's mine?" Riven retaliates. "I mean seriously out of all the damn investments, you had to take mine?!"

"Oh please," Xavier speaks in his condescending tone of voice. "You couldn't handle something that serious, it already took you a week just to book the interview, does it look like more time needed to be wasted?"

"I've had a lot on my mind!"

"You need to stop using that as your excuse for everything," Xavier hisses at Riven. "I don't give a damn about your problems, if you didn't realize the world keeps spinning with or without your damn approval, so maybe it's time to grow up Riven!"

You've got to be kidding me right now.

Riven immediately takes one step forward clenching his fist, I push him back before he's able to do something completely stupid and reckless.

"What the hell is going on in my lobby?!"

I look over Riven's shoulder to see not only Alisha but the chairman, their father, Christopher, walking over to the three of us. He didn't look pleased and his voice made everyone back away in fear.

He stands before Xavier and Riven as I'm still holding Riven back, Alisha stands by his side calmly and respectfully.

Christopher looks at me and I take my hands off Riven stepping behind him quietly.

"Well," he says glaring at his sons. "Which one of you wants to explain that commotion you both are causing?"

Xavier and Riven look away from their father in utter silence as if they weren't about to rip each other apart a few seconds ago.

"ANSWER ME!"

Everyone flinched at his loud voice echoing in the lobby including myself.

"I was in an important meeting, only to have the security guards tell me that my two fully grown adult sons are having a fight," he continues angrily. "I want to know what could possibly make you both want to fight in such a public setting and I want to know now!"

"It was just a misunderstanding father," Xavier mumbles. "Nothing more, right Riven?"

I glance over at Riven who is more scared than annoyed.

"Right..." he says rolling his eyes.

"Dad," Alisha says, placing her hand on her father's shoulders. "It's clear that they both need to work this out, hopefully now they get the message that any disagreements should be handled privately."

Alisha definitely got her confidence from her dad; she knew how to pierce through a person's heart without being aggressive. She was the calmest between the siblings, I could say she was a peacemaker and if they didn't listen to her well... she would bring the big guns.