16

I stretched out on my chair letting out a yawn, I didn't think the day would end considering it was pretty quiet after my argument with Riven. He had been in his office all day and didn't come out once, there were times I wanted to check on him but I doubted he wanted to deal with my "stubbornness".

"I just need to put these things away and I can finally leave," I say to myself as I prepare to head home. I look over at Riven's door and bite my lip debating whether or not I should say bye...

"I'm definitely going to regret this."

I knocked softly on the door but he didn't answer, I decided to open it anyways and peek inside. He was sitting at his desk completely zoned out with his glasses on typing on the computer. Whatever he was working on definitely had his full attention, usually he'd notice me right away.

"Was he still mad?"

I attempt to shut the door and not distract him.

"What is it, Violet?" he says, still not taking his eyes off the screen. The tone of his voice was stern and almost cold, in other words... he was absolutely still angry.

"Oh no," I say holding the door open. "I just came to tell you that I'm leaving."

"Alright," he answers.

"That's it?"

"Aren't you heading home too?" I ask.

"No," he says. "I have something to finish, so I'll be here a while."

"Oh... okay then." I sigh. I had no idea what else I could say without having another fight. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

I closed the door behind me not waiting for Riven to answer, if he wanted to behave like a kid and practically give me the silent treatment then there was nothing I could do.

"I better head home before meeting Kai."

As I head out I hear someone call out my name.

"Violet!"

I turn around to see Alisha exiting the elevator and walking towards me waving her hand in the air.

"Heading home?" she says with a smile.

"Yup, it was a pretty long day." I chuckled.

"Yeah about that," Alisha hesitates. "I'm sorry for what happened earlier, you know with Kai. He can be a real pain, especially when he's... well when he's being him."

"Oh, that's okay!" I say with a smile. "I had no idea you were dating someone, let alone Riven's best friend."

"Yeah well if I'm being completely honest, it just happened. Not in a bad way, but in a way where it was as if I found a piece of myself in him." she blushes playing with her fingers. "It sounds pretty silly, but Kai was there for me when I was going through a rough time and I guess that won me over."

"Does that mean you two are still-"

"No, we aren't." Alisha immediately cuts me off. "Kai is just so unpredictable and irresponsible, I just don't think I can handle it. On top of that he believes that he can fix things with a simple rose and apology, when will men learn fixing things means actually sitting down and talking?"

"Tell me about it..." I sigh. "But I should probably tell you that Kai uh... well he asked me out for a drink but as friends!"

Alisha's eyes widened, I could tell she was at a loss for words. I knew I didn't have to tell her but I wasn't going to hide it either, the look in her eyes when she talked about him, she loved him.