Where's Bean?

Y/n's P.o.v.

"Is dad home yet?" My four year-old daughter, Elara, asked, coming into my bedroom one morning.

"No," I sighed, pulling her into a hug.

My husband, Corbyn Besson (or Bean, as I affectionately call him), had been missing for three days, and our little girl just didn't fully understand what was going on. 

Corbyn is a member of a supper popular boy band (they insist they're a man band, but I don't see enough maturity between the 5 of the to justify that claim). I met him -- and the rest of the band and their close friend, Eben, and a few other people too -- when I did an apperntership with Zack Caspary, their tour photographer (who's a legend and the best photographer and teacher out there). I became Eben's official tour photographer for his first solo tour. Eben became the big brother I never had, and Bean and I started dating around that time. We got married, and we had little Elara about a year later. Corbyn named her. Elara is not only an adorable name for a baby girl, but it's also the name of one of Jupiter's moons. Bean is obsessed with outer space.

We'd been married 5 years, when, one day, Corbyn didn't come home. He'd been at the studio with the boys, and disappeared somewhere between there and home. Three days had passed, and we'd heard nothing. The police had search parties going. The news had headlines like "Famous pop singer Corbyn Besson still missing". He was nowhere to be found.

I missed him. A lot. For the last 5 years, we'd spent most of our time together. We were doing our parenting as a team. We were a team. But suddenly I had a double bed to myself. I was worried. Where was he?

"When will daddy come home?" Elara looked up at me out of innocent eyes.

"I don't know..." I choked back a tear.

After breakfast, my siblings in law, Ashley and Jordan, came over. 

"Hey sister!" Ashley hugged me tight. Out of the corner of my eye, I say Jordan scoop up Elara and swing her around. The two of them have a super cute bond. Jordan wasn't really a kid person, and then she was born.

"Any news?" Jordan asked as he hugged me. 

They missed their brother (almost?) as much as I missed my husband.

"No," I sighed. 

"Hey, Elara, wanna go and check the mail?" Jordan dropped down on his knees to be at her height.

"You bet. Race you!" Elara giggled, and then sprinted off, Jordan chasing behind her, pretending he couldn't catch her.

"Here you go, mummy." Elara handed me a single envelope some 5 minutes later.

The envelope had no sender address, and the receiver address was printed on. I slid my finger along to open it and pulled out what was inside. A USB drive, and a sole piece of paper, folded in half. I unfolded the paper, and my eyes scanned the words, crafted together with cut out newspaper letters.

If you want to see Corbyn Besson again, US $100,000 and the plans for Operation Atmosfrequency Atmospheric Re-Entry/Exit will be required within 7 days of opening this letter. The money will be transferred to this account *********************** or else. Good luck. 

The three of us stared at the ransom note in silence.

"What are we going to do?" Jordan broke the silence.

"Firstly, we should check out the contents of the USB," I decided.

No one objected, as I walked across the room and grabbed my laptop. The USB contained one video file. I clicked on it.

Corbyn was on the screen. He was sitting against the wall of an empty grey room with a small barred window up near the top of the wall. 

"It's daddy!" Elara exclaimed happily.

Suddenly, a man dressed entirely in black started to beat Corbyn. I cried out, unable to stop looking at the video. Thankfully, Jordan had covered Elara's face and blocked her ears. That video would have given her nightmares. The man kicked Corbyn to the ground. I could see blood on his face, which bore an expression that haunts my dreams. 

When the video finished, I realised I was crying. Ashley hugged me. 

"What are we going to do?" She asked horsley.

"We're taking that to the police for starters," Jordan said, "and then we're going to find a nice place for lunch."

The police promised to get the video to the FBI. 

That night I had nightmares. I kept seeing Bean's empty face, the blood coming from his nose and lip. 

He wasn't there to comfort me when I woke up sobbing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey welcome to my fanfic! So glad you've read this far :) This story is a little more sci-fi and futuristic... 

I hope you enjoyed this first part and stay tuned for the second :)

'Till next part :)

(Also, if you're bored, I have an Instagram art account: @am_the_limelight)