Bringing Bean home

Y/n's P.o.v.

It was 7.30 pm and dark when they told me that Corbyn was free, and was on his way to a doctor to have his injuries checked out. I left Elara at home with Jordan, Ashley, Eben, Jack, Daniel, Jonah, and Zach, and went to go get him. 

We'd spent the entire day waiting for updates. Kaleb had sent Micah and John around to, one, keep us updated, and, two, to clear away the news reporters that had finally (and annoyingly) found our house. I had barely eaten all day, and had had a few nervous breakdowns from the pressure of the wait. While we waited, we'd filled the time with music and games. At one stage, the song that came on was Bean and my song, the song he'd written for me, and that he sung to me all the time. I sat with silent tears rolling down my cheeks, wishing it was him singing, and not the recording which all the other boys sung in too. 

We'd put on a movie for Elara -- Disney's Moana -- and were all watching in silence, waiting for the next update from Micah. He'd told us when the agents entered the building, and we'd all held our breaths until he told us the kidnappers had surrendered. Then he'd told us that Tom and Leo were on their way to get Corbyn. Then he'd told us about the explosion. 

A chill had come over the room, as Micah had radioed to see what was going on. 

"It's okay," he'd smiled finally.  "They're fine, and they're on their way out."

But, finally,  I was going to see him again. I climbed into my car. If I left now, I would make it just after Corbyn.

The drive felt long.  I seemed to get red light after red light, and it felt like hours til I finally pulled out outside the FBI headquarters. There, I was met by Kaleb. 

"How are you going?" He shook my hand warmly.

"I'm really, really happy," I smiled.

"Same," he nodded. "One of my absolute favourite parts of my job is reuniting people happily. People who've been through so so much, who finally get to the end of the tunnel. You're so strong, Y/n."

"I couldn't have done it without you and your team. I thought all was lost... And then Micah and John turned up and brought me here. I owe you so much. Thank you."

Kaleb smiled awkwardly.

"It's all my pleasure, really. Come on. Let's go and find Corbyn."

I followed him into the building. Everyone seemed to know who I was, and smiled in the most friendly manner as we went past, making me feel welcome and cared for. 

We were met by a tall lady in a medical scrubs, with a stethoscope around her neck. A doctor, I guessed.

"Evening Kaleb, Y/n," She greeted.

"Evening Dr Keira. How's the patient?"

"He's extremely well, considering all he's been though," She beamed. "He's currently fast asleep, though; he hasn't been able to sleep very well lately. Aside from that, he hasn't been fed very well, but he should be fine with that. In regard to the beatings he received, he is bruised all over his body. He also has a fracture in one of the fingers on his left hand. It's in a cast, but shouldn't take long to recover."

"So, can he come home, then?" I asked.

"As soon as he wakes up, he's free to go," Dr Keira promised. "An, now, do you want to come in and sit with him until he wakes up?"

I nodded, and then followed her down a corridor, and into the room where Bean was. 

He lay in a bed, head tilted adorably to one side, a half-smile on his face. I could see swelling on his cheek, and the cast on his hand. Other than that, he was the same Bean as ever. I paused in the doorway, not entirely believing he was right there. My eyes blurred, and a lump rose in my throat.

"Well, I'll leave you then. I'll be in the office next door, so you can come and get me when he wakes up."

I nodded, unable to speak, and she left.

I made my way slowly to the bed, and ran my fingers gently through his hair, and down his face, then leant down and kissed his cheek. I sat on the bed, and caressed him. It was maybe 5 or 10 minutes before he woke up.

"Hey Bean," I said softly, "How are you feeling?"

"Y/n," He smiled, finding my hand with his. "You're here." His voice broke on the last word, and my eyes clouded over.

Next thing I knew, we were both crying tears of joy, and holding each other close. We held each for a long time, until finally I said I should get the doctor, so that we could go home.

"I'd like that," he smiled.

We pulled up into the driveway of our house. I got out of the car, and walked straight into his arms again. He leant in for the kiss. 

"Corbyn?" I said when we finally came apart.

"Yeah?" 

"I have something for you..." I burrowed in my purse until I found what I wanted. "Here."

I handed him a small cardboard box, with a paper heart stuck on the top. He looked up at me questioningly, before opening the box. His face changed to pure excitement as he realised what was inside.

"A pregnancy test?" He gaped, "A positive pregnancy test?" 

"I found out the day they took you..." 

He pulled me into his arms again, this time swinging me around in joy. We were both crying. Again. I couldn't stop smiling.

Suddenly the front door opened behind us.

"Daddy!!" 

Elara ran out, and Corbyn scooped her into his arms. Then he pulled me into a family hug. The three of us, no four... or maybe five. We didn't know yet -- we were together at last.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey again! So glad you've read this far :) Noooo it's over :(((( 

ACTUALLY IT ISN'T because I was nice and wrote y'all an epilogue :)

'Till the epilogue :)

(Also, if you're bored, I have an Instagram art account: @am_the_limelight)