Chapter 20

Xavier (listen to the song I added during the flash back)
After my shower I decided to call it a night, but all I could think about was her. Her beautiful eyes that hold so many emotions, her tiny hands that have gotten a hold of me, and her lips untouched and pure. But then there's me my eyes cold and void of any emotion, hands that have taken the lives of many, and my lips stained and tainted from every women I have slept with. I'm nothing like her, I'm not good for her. I don't want to drag someone like her into the world I have been built into. The demons or shall I say people that reside within that world would chew her up and spit her out. The Mafia is no place a women like her should be. The day that those pricks broke in I had felt afraid of losing the life of the tiny women that had stood behind me. I was afraid of loosing the person who had saved me after I was shot. I needed to be close to her...but I can't. "Fuck it" I whisper as I get up and exit my room and walk down the hallway to her bedroom door. I gently push open the door to see Bella sitting up in bed reading a book. "Damien?" Bella's voice rings out catching me off guard "I can't sleep" is all I say as I walk over to her bed. "You want to lay down?" she says patting the spot next to her while pulling the comforter back. I sit and lay back in the comfort of her bed that holds her intoxicating smell. She puts down her book and turns towards me "what's wrong" she says noticing my silence. I don't know what to say, it's not like I can say "I want to see every part of your beautiful body. Because all I do is think with my dick" I would top the title of ultimate creep. "I'm just overthinking everything" I say semi truthfully. "Is it about the company?" She asks in a calm tone "I'm not really sure but I think it's everything that has happened maybe piling up" I say laying my arm across my face. Before I know it soft slim fingers wrap around my arm and move it away from covering my face. I look up to be met with big beautiful hazel eyes looking down at me "You know Damien you shouldn't push down all your problems and emotions" she says in a angelic tone while I stay frozen in my spot just looking at the angle in front of me. "Pushing your emotions down can physically tire your body and we don't need your body shutting down anytime soon with that bullet wound" she says pointing down to my stomach where bandages lie under my shirt. Before I know it her warm hand cups my cheek while she runs her thumb across the stubble I had been meaning to shave. "Bella..." I whisper out in shock "Damien" she whispers back as we both hold each others gaze. I have no words to what is going on other than pure bliss. I feel my eyes get heavy as I take in the comfort of her presence, I hadn't felt this since mom passed away. My mother was once the person who was the light in my life until it was rudely blown away from the dark world my father pulled her into that would ultimately end the both of them. That night has haunted me since I was a kid, all the blood and my mother's pale face matching her lifeless eyes.  I had promised to avenge my mother and fathers death's and vowed to make sure every single one of those pricks would pay for their death's. They might as well start writing their suicide note after the stunt they pulled in Rome because I'm going to be armed with every bullet the world can produce. Each bullet awaiting to be planted into their skulls. Because you never mess with Knights if your not prepared for blood shed.  The feeling of Bella's hands had vanished and darkness overtook me and the memories plagued my mind.
We had just gotten back from a event celebrating Dad's company's success in signing with this big Italian Enterprise. My Father had carried in a sleeping Alaric who was nine at the time into the house while I had walked up the stairs to my room without saying a goodnight or I love you. I was twelve at the time and basically lived in my room by this point and didn't really care about anything my parents said or did. I had a bad feeling the whole time we where at the celebration, I got the feeling somebody was watching our every move. This is something I was taught to do at a young age, my father taught me how to use my senses and to always be aware of my surroundings. I already knew the work my father did, I knew that he had ties to the mafia and that those ties would be passed down to me when I got older. I knew how to run the company by the age of eight, my father made sure I knew what to do incase something happened to him and mom. I had to congratulate him for that because that's exactly what would happen.

I had fallen asleep early in the night when I was brought out of sleep by Alaric's scream. I jumped out of bed and ran to my brothers bedroom where my mother and father where already at my brothers side. "Mama the..re w..as  a...a man" he says between small hiccups. My father looked over at me the both of us knew we had to be on high alert. "Damien grab my gun from the drawer in the closet" he whispers to me so my brother won't hear. I run to the closet and grab the sleek magnum and a pack of bullets. Every room in the house held a weapon of every kind. My closet held a pistol with the word KNIGHT engraved into it. I had grabbed it before I ran out of my room.

I ran back to my brothers room and handed my dad his gun and loaded mine. "Look what we have here" a mans voice says from the entrance of Alaric's room. My father pushes me behind him blocking me from the mans sight. My mother grabs me and pulls me into her arms grabbing the gun from my hands. "What do you want Dimitri!" My father yells as he points the gun at the man named Dimitri's  face. "Woah no need to get all mad Derrick. I just wanted to talk" Dimitri says raising his hands over his head. "So you climb through my sons window and all you want to do is talk!" My dad yells louder than before. My father stood at the height of 6"3 while the other man stood at about 5"9. Physically and mentally my dad over powered Dimitri. That was until we were met with 10 more gun barrels as Dimitri lead us downstairs. I felt the fear radiating off my mothers body "Emily take the kids away" is all my dad says, but me being the reluctant pre teen I was I started to argue. "NO I'm not leaving you DAD!" I yell as my mother tries to pull me back "Damien honey please stop" my mother pleads as tears start to flow from her beautiful brown eyes. "DAD!" I yell louder "You stupid son of a bitches leave my dad ALONE!" I scream as my brothers sobs rack his body.

"Damien ENOUGH!" My father yells. I froze I was confused of why he wasn't listening "Dad what are you doing?" I say as my own tears fill my eyes "I love you boys so much but right now Damien I need you to go with your mother" my dad says as he looks at me dead in the eye "Dad.." I  whispers than the man in front of my dad raises his gun. "Dad!!" I scream before the man can shoot I grab the gun from my mothers hands and shoot him point blank into his head. The whole place falls under a dead silence the only thing you could hear was Alaric's cries muffled by my mothers shoulder. "Wow Derrick quite the son you got there. You would not mind if I took him with me?" Dimitri says walking closer to me but my father blocks him "I dare you to touch my son" my dad threatens him "leave my wife and kids alone. You came here to talk to me so let's talk" my dad says as my mother pulls me and my brother away. We run to the back door but it's gaurded by armed men. Then I heard it gun shots ringing all around. A bullet striking my mother and before I know it I'm running with Alaric through the woods. I would come out when police arrive to see my mother dead and my father being rushed to the hospital where he would later die. The only survivors that night where me and my brother.