Chapter 2

~4 days later~

As Rowoon's car pulled up to the MNet School of the Arts, he looked in the passenger seat at Dawon and smiled.

Dawon started to open his door to get out but stopped himself and looked over at Rowoon.

"You didn't have to do this, really, now you're going to be late to work." Dawon said as he let go of the door handle and looked at the older man.

"Didn't have to but I wanted to. I couldn't have you being late to your weekly check in, that would make us both look bad." Rowoon said as he reached over, one hand still on the wheel of his car and the other resting on Dawon's forearm.

Dawon looked down at the hand on his arm and gulped unnoticably and looked at Rowoon once more.

"Don't worry about work, they can't do anything to me, I bring them too much income. Also.. take this." Rowoon spoke as he reached into the back seat of his car and grabbed an umbrella, handing it to Dawon. 

"Don't you need thi-"

"No. Just take it. Please, it's yours now." Rowoon said as he put  his hand back on the younger boy's forearm, rubbing circles in it with his thumb.

"Have a good day, Sanghyuk." Rowoon said as he patted Dawon on the thigh, squeezing slightly before putting his hand back on the steering wheel.

Dawon gulped, that was the first time Rowoon had called him by name and not just 'kid'. He almost liked the way his name sounded coming from the older man's mouth.

"T-Thank you sir. I-I mean Mr. Kim." Dawon said as he opened the door of the car hurriedly.

Dawon shook his head, flustered as he got out of the car, opened the umbrella, shut the car door and was on his way to the entrance to the school.

Rowoon watched through his window as Dawon left, licking his lips as he watched the younger boy walk away.

"If only you knew, kid." 

Rowoon started his car up and drove away from the school, on his way to Hoya Banking to start his shift.

As Dawon opened the doors to the school he rushed over to his locker, his face lit up with a large smile as he opened it and put some things that he had with him that he didn't need for the check in with Sunmi, and shut it, walking to her room.

On the way there, he saw Youngbin walking the halls and decided to talk to him.

"Hey Y-" he tried to speak.

Youngbin didn't respond and instead ignored him, pushing past him, bumping his shoulder into Dawon's, forcing him out of the way, hard enough to knock him to the side and almost making him lose his balance.

Dawon, looking at Youngbin walk past him, hands in his pockets, not even paying attention to him, shook his head and went into Sunmi's classroom, now in a worse mood and disheartened.

Once he entered the room, Sunmi looked at him and smiled.

"Well if it isn't the screw-up."

"Not now. Please." Dawon said as he put his time sheet from his internship onto her desk and sat down forcefully at one of the desks near her's.

Sunmi, taking the message, nodded and opened, inspecting the folder in front of her.

"Your supervisor's speaking very highly of you in these notes that he's put here."

Dawon didn't respond.

"Cat got your tongue? I just said your supervisor's speaking high of you and you have no reaction?" she said, looking up at him, seeing the depressed look in his eyes.