(xi) shake it off.

"That's our TA," Maya started, holding her glass.
Jasmyn slowly interrupted her after that, standing to narrow her eyes and put on one of the meanest mugs that anybody had ever seen. "And that's my man." Jasmyn stood for a couple more moments before sliding from behind the chair. Her feet were moving fast, Maya holding her hand to Reign to remind him to watch the table while they were gone. As her best friend, she followed immediately after Jasmyn to approach the stunning 'couple.'

        The applause eventually died down, causing Jasmyn to approach them

The applause eventually died down, causing Jasmyn to approach them. Maya could catch the body language of the man holding on to her TA, his shoulders immediately tensing up. "Jasmyn." He said, releasing the hand of their TA who frowned as well.
Before Jasmyn could speak, the TA looked over her classmates/students and then back to the male. "Nicholas, please don't tell me that as a graduate student you're dabbling in... Mm." She couldn't finish her sentence, but Jasmyn seemed to ignore her.
"Hello, Ms. Woods. Hello, Nicholas. I have an understanding of why you were so busy this upcoming weekend, next time don't lie. Just inform me of my lane and I'll make sure not to cross it again." Maya didn't even know what to say, but she allowed her arm to be grabbed and hauled off back to their table. "Don't ask me, Maya. He's high class, he's educated, he's sophisticated and his bank account is rather comforting. I didn't know he was taken." Jasmyn said, breathing in and out rather heavy to keep herself from crying. Eventually, the lights were dimmed and the spotlight was brought to the stage.
"I want to thank you all for attending. Some of you are friends of friends of friends and so on. I couldn't be more thankful for the turnout. When I originally moved away," She started, moving from behind the large table at the front to reveal herself some more. Her outfit was very much different once her robe like coat was removed.

        Reign was complimenting her as she strutted, identifying the fashions and pointing out the important photographers

        Reign was complimenting her as she strutted, identifying the fashions and pointing out the important photographers. Maya was impressed the cinematography that was at the establishment, trying to keep a smile on her face just in case she was captured in the backgrounds. Eventually, the attention died down and she roamed the room, individually thanking the guests that came. Soon, she came to their table with a smile and a few gift bags in her hands. "You're Reign Wright, right? A few friends of mine were talking about your pieces. How do you feel about NYFW?" She started before dapping herself on the forehead, shaking her head before turning to Maya and Jasmyn.
        "I'm so rude. It's nice to meet you, I have partial ownership to the internship he's with. I'm Tamia Woods." She said, extending her hand to both Jasmyn and Maya. Even though the name was oddly familiar, they couldn't ruin this opportunity for Reign.
        "It's nice to meet you, I'm his older sister Le'Maya. He's very passionate about the internship. There's not a day that goes by that he isn't talking about it." Maya said, chuckling as Jasmyn co-signed to her comment. Tamia looked between the trio before nodding her head towards Jasmyn.
        "I could see your face on a billboard somewhere, even if that's not your passion. You have a face that could stop the cars to stare and that complexion, ugh. Not to mention it's healthy." Tamia said, laying the flatter on thick tonight. Jasmyn smiled in adoration of her niceness, clasping her hands with Tamia and genuinely thanking her. It seems one sister was nicer than the other. "Here are your gift bags. There's AirPods and a case. I know our generation. Thank you guys again!" She kissed her hand and send it towards us before bouncing off.
        Right after she left, Reign started to chat off about Tamia and how important it was that his work was approved by her. Maya stood, a refill coming to her mind as she dismissed herself. Although there was enough staff, she did want to use her heels tonight. She'd be at the bar, in line and waiting for a drink with other students. Her eyes scanned the desserts ahead before looking at the different finger foods, some labeled vegan while others were gluten free. The bartender grabbed her empty class, fulfilling her request as she moved through the express line of the event.
        "Familiar faces are a curse, aren't they?" A voice that was so soothing came from behind her.

        She jumped, a gasp coming to her lips as she stumbled at her feet

        She jumped, a gasp coming to her lips as she stumbled at her feet. The way he looked at her was different, his admiration of her outfit setting her body aflame each place he looked. Maya stood there, cheeks flushed and chest rising as she managed to catch her breath. He cleaned up fairly nice, especially in a simple tux. "What are you doing here, Sajaír? You share your women?" Maya said, realizing that the bubbly had gotten into her system. She went to correct herself, but he shook his head with a chuckle at his lips.
"I told you she wasn't my girlfriend," He said, grabbing his refilled drink before finishing his sentence. "Blaire has caused enough triangle drama between my brother and I. I believe that's fair to say." He said before stepping a tad bit closer. Maya pressed her back against the wall, completely forgetting that he had just revealed that Nicholas was his brother. The resemblance wasn't there at first but it was starting to add up. The coldness from the wall caused Maya to gasp, looking around the room to avert her eyes from Sage.
"If dog runs in the blood, I'm allergic." Maya said, pressing her hands against his chest to regain her space. He had already spooked her out, now he was triggering a different emotion. She stood in silence with him for a few more seconds before saying, "It was nice to see you Sage. I'll see you around."
"Come with me." He said, grabbing her arm and dragging her from the ballroom out into the hallway. The destination was unknown, but her strength was nothing compared to his. She didn't even bother to protest, trying to focus her attention on not stumbling in the pair of heels that she had on. Soon, they were standing at a pair of glass doors that seemed to be a balcony. He opened the door for her first, allowing her to walk out and view the scenery before her. She placed her drink down at a nearby table before going to grip the railing and look over. The backyard had been in her sights, moonlight dancing over the pool that was on a lower floor it seemed.
She felt a pair of arms coming at the sides of her body, his chocolate hands coming in sights as he trapped her in his embrace. For a moment, they stood and admired the scenery together. As beautiful as it had been, there was something much more beautiful in Sage's sights. His kisses started at her shoulder, making and climbing their way to her neck. She allowed this, but soon jumped to realize what had been going on. Her body spun, hands detangling from the rail to press against his chest. Before she could even speak, he closed the space between them to feel her lipstick covered lips. She pushed him away for the first time, their separation of their lips sounding on the empty balcony.
Sage stepped closer this time, molding his lips against hers with a softer more innocent passion. His hands went to hold her hips, thumb strokes occurring at her hips as he deepened the kiss with tongue. They hadn't heard the balcony door open, a clearing of the throat causing her to throw Sage from her. Maya stumbled in her heels, trying to catch her balance as she regained her space. Tamia had been standing there, a dead expression at her face before a forced smile came to her lips. "Maya, right?" She said, looking to Sage with a deadpan stare before turning her eyes to the person who she was speaking to. "Reign is in there off his ass, a little. Nothing that'll damage his career but I hope that you'll rescue him and get him out of here before he does something that will. I enjoyed meeting you tonight." She said, stepping aside to make leaving room for Maya.
Maya looked to Sage, who had his back turned from Tamia and from her, ultimately. Maya nodded her head, putting her hands together in praying form before excusing herself. Embarrassment had been all over her features as she made it back to her group, Reign was dancing what seemed to be his problems away. Once she arrived closer to the table, she had realized that Jasmyn was ready to leave. She was over seeing Nicholas stare at her from a distance, over watching Blaire try to turn his attention away and over being over it. They had made a packaged deal for Jasmyn to escort Reign home, while Maya made other plans.
Outside, she'd dial Sage on her phone and just hope that he would answer. Soon after a couple of rings, his voice came to the phone. She didn't know if it was the liquor courage or the pussy courage, but she did what she felt was right in her heart.

She had a late night date with distraction.