(xxx) distance.

The airplane ride had been a lot smoother than what she had planned, never having been on a private jet. She relaxed her head against the window pane, just trying to mentally live down the shame that she put herself through. Her face had been all over up and coming blogs, everyone trying to get a piece of just what the new home wrecker on the block could be about. That's where they were calling her — Not new girl on the block, new home wrecker. It caused her to chuckle in her passenger seat, causing the others to look at her crazily. Amirah had been across from her, taking pictures for Instagram and filling her story with their jet adventures. Maya smiled in the camera as much as she could before she pulled out her own cellphone.

It was time to comeback.

Maya held her phone, allowing herself to look before she'd gone live just as she wanted to. Amirah came over from her other seat, seeing just how many people had been in her friend's live. "Girl, 500 already and you just went life? Speaking your mind sis," Amirah said before she smiled in the camera. Reign and Cree came to gather while Jasmyn was holding her stomach resting. "Hey y'all," Maya said nervously as she scanned through the comments. She bit at her lip at the sight of people complimenting her, telling her to fight back against the news and more. She propped her outfit up to show them her cheetah girls themed outfit before spinning, taking a sip from her wine. "No but, to seriously address some things."

She got on her knees and got in the camera, showing her natural pretty features. "I have no hatred for the Carter family and I wish them the best, including Sajaír. That's all I'm going to address about that, my birthday was yesterday and I still wanna carry over some good vibes. I was under the influence when the altercation went down, I'm not like that at all." She said, more and more people joining. Reign had come back, alerting that it was time to land. She got in her seat and put her seat belt on before sipping her champagne again. "Thank you for all the birthday wishes. If you're new to this page, please don't expect posts everyday. I'm far from famous." She said before ending the live. Amirah had blindfolded her, causing her to stand from her seat with curiosity.

For an hour and 30 minutes, Maya could feel herself being inserted inside a car and then escorted out. She was at the sidewalk now, hands over her eyes before they were removed. She gasped sharply, looking down to her mother's memorial. Her eyes watered before she look to all her friends. It had been so beautifully organized, so coordinated perfectly — She had no words. She kneeled down to look at her mother's flowers, tears falling at her lips. She rubbed over her picture and cried, nodding her head as she felt her mother's presence.

Or was it something else?

A car came turning from the street with violent tire screeches, causing her to turn abruptly. Anybody that grew up in Crenshaw knew that it meant to take cover immediately. Maya felt her eyes widen as everything occurred in slow motion — The window rolling down, the big gun that came out and the sound of her ears ringing. She felt pain all throughout her body, coursing through her stomach area and in her legs. Jasmyn's body had fell next to hers, bullet wounds near her stomach. She heard Reign scream for Cree and yell in pain the next, Amirah dropping to the ground harshly. Her eyes had been closed and there had been no movement from her. Maya raised her hands, blood covering them before everything started to fade. She couldn't catch any faces, she didn't even see the people that rushed to their aid to call 911.

She felt nothing.
This had to be death. First pain, then peace.