(xviii) grateful.

"I've never met anyone like you, I'm serious." He said with a smile at his features, his teeth chewing partially at his bottom lip. She couldn't contain her blush, but instead she snuggled further into the chaotic bed spread. Her hands ran over his chest in admiration for some of his tattoos, analyzing his body in adoration before he spoke again. "You're gonna start something we don't have time to finish." He said, raising from the bed with his arms around her figure. In the nude, they rested against the headboard. What day had it been? April 13th, or something like that.

"I don't feel like moving from bed, I'm still sore," she used as an excuse again before Sage wrapped the sheet around his body and exited from the bed. Since she had lost her virginity, they had been resting in the bed. To others, 'she fell ill and didn't want to participate in jet skiing.' Maya climbed from the bed after him, but instead of going to the window seat to pull open the blinds she'd move to the bathroom area and get a bubble bath situated. She looked in the mirror, turning to analyze the several hickies that she had at her neck. It caused her to blush, reaching into a makeup bag that Jas had provided from the other night. She tumbled through it, looking for concealer. She looked at the product in confusion, noticing that it was similar to her skin tone. She twisted open the cap, using her pointer finger to collect some product before covering her neck. It masked it well enough, she thought.

Sage came into the bathroom, chuckling at her masking his marked territory. "You nut, you should've done that after our shower." Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment at his words before nodding, smacking the back of her own neck before he could. In just a few days and many hours, some of her actions began to mirror his. It was corny, but adapting to him seemed to be her love language. After taking care of their hygiene and a little foreplay, they'd exit the cabin in beach appropriate suits. "About time the lovebirds came from their chambers! You're just in time for pottery class." A man with a large white hat said, causing the others in their group to turn around.

Maya lowered her floral hat to avoid the stares from Jasmyn, attempting to not even look at her at all. Two go-carts had arrived on the sand, Maya and Sage hopping in one with Cree and Reign. Maya tried to ignore the shady gestures from her brother, things like puckered lips or side eye glances with wiggly eyebrows. When they arrived at the pottery place, Sage assisted Maya in stepping out and eventually became her partner. When Jasmyn wasn't looking to her for answers, she took the time to smile at her and Nicholas. They were cute together, snuggled up at the pottery machine. Maya leaned into Sage, almost mimicking the behavior and he embraced her, resting his head on her shoulder as the instructor began to break down the basics.

Soon enough, their hands were covered in cold and wet clay. Jasmyn's laughter had been filling the room as she attempted to control her clay on the pottery machine, Nicholas looking determined to mold the shape. Sage curved his hands around Maya's hands, who somehow managed to structure the clay into a tall cylinder like statue. Sage removed one of his hands for hers, allowing her to take control, as he inserted it inside the pot. It started to bulge and round out, soon becoming a vase before their eyes. The instructor clapped his hands at their performance and turned to reprimand Jasmyn and Nicholas for theirs. Reign had a sharp tool in his hand, indeed designing his own pottery while Cree sat on his phone taking pictures. "I refuse to get my hands dirty, new manicure things." Cree was the definition of something else.

Hours later, Maya and Sage walked hand in hand along the beach. Their destination, to Maya, was unknown. "I never thought I'd be in Bora Bora," Maya said, looking around the scenery with a smile at her features. They had both managed to get cleaned up, a white dress that danced in the wind hugging her figure. She wore no shoes and her hair had been styled in a bun. Sage shrugged his shoulders, chuckling at her words. "Nicholas has a thing for spoiling his girlfriends. He's only had two."

"Blaire and Jasmyn?" Maya asked, resulting in a nod from Sage. The conversation fell silent between them for a few minutes before Sage stopped, chewing at his lip before he spoke. "We're moving too fast," He said. Maya stopped once he stopped, letting go of his hand and hugging her body. Her change of body language caused Sage to gather her hands, kissing them before looking to her.

"I enjoy every minute with you, Maya. I have never experienced romance, I never even cared for it. Getting girls was never a problem for me," he said, causing Maya to raise her eyebrow. Just where was he going? "You resisted me and challenged me, I think that's why I like you so much." He laughed at his own words, her eyes analyzing him before she smiled. "I just don't want anything to ruin this."

Maya looked at him. His words were even truer for her, if not straight from her brain. She had never been in love nor fantasized over romance. Yes, there had been her Twilight era where she wanted unconditional, challenging and a never boring sort of love. Silence fell between them before she hesitated to speak, short breaths falling at her lips. "What would ruin this? Stop thinking so negative." She said, an optimistic smile at her features.

        Maya turned, not even bothering to acknowledge him. She carried the cart on her arm with a pep in her step, attempting to make it back to the register to gather the rest of the things she needed to return. She took nanoseconds to wipe her glassy eyes, tightening her lips and heading to another aisle. To her surprise, footsteps from the other aisle came closer to the aisle she had been on. She turned to notice him standing there again, but this time he approached her. It was a nightmare-dream that she wasn't ready to face. "I don't have anything to say to you, Sage." She started, turning away from him again. He stopped walking and didn't talk, so she looked again to see if he had gone.

To her surprise, he had no longer been there. She heard the jingle at the door, the automatic doors sounding right after that. She let out a very much needed breath, dropping to her knees and cupping her face in her hands. She wouldn't let her pride down and speak to him, she wouldn't give in to the tug she felt at her heart.

Not for a drug dealer.