(xxix) me in her.

August 25th.

"You know, Mr. Carter has not only been a blessing to the foundation, but his boys are finely tailored men as well."
"Is that so?"
"Yes ma'am, their at the top of their education at New York's finest university and the oldest is the heir to the successful business that we're talking about today!"

A picture of both Nicholas and Sajaír came to the screen. Maya, Amirah, Jasmyn and Cree had been browsing the news channel during their cooking session and Maya had demanded that it stay on.

"Speaking of his sons, can we talk about how handsome they are?" Wendy Williams said, letting her audience fan girl over them for a moment before she returned to their relative that neither Maya nor Jasmyn had ever seen before. He was attractive himself, tall and chocolate. Amirah had been clearing her throat the entire time. Was that the man from Nicholas' birthday? He looked different. "Let's get down to the real shit that these ladies all over New York and in my audience want to know, how single are they?" Wendy asked, picking up her glass.

Their relative chuckled as the audience started to whistle in his direction as well. Amirah was about ready to text his phone. "Well, Nicholas isn't looking." A large and animated x appeared over Nicholas' face. The audience groaned.

"Sajaír is newly engaged to one of the Woods sister," He said, a forced smile coming to his features. Wendy gasped, crossing her leg over the other before smirking.

"Now, the Woods is the one that has the retired actress for a mother, right? I loved her in so many movies," Wendy said before the screen paneled over to their devil of a mother. Maya had stopped cooking completely, moving to stand in front of the television. Was she hearing things correctly? Engaged? It caused her to chuckle in disbelief.

"Turn it off," Jasmyn said but Maya shook her head.
"Let it roll." She said.

"Okay, now the gworls are confused because although Sage is engaged, we've got some sent in pictures of him with a pretty yellow girl." She said and before Maya knew it, she was all over Wendy's monitor. A picture of them at the diner, a picture of them walking on the side walk and laughing. A picture of them on Jasmyn's trip and last but not least, a picture of them kissing in the car. Their kiss was covered by the mirrors and Sajair's car mount, but it was enough to put two and two together. The crowd booed.

"See, I mentioned Sajaír being in the top of his class. He took a TA position and this is one of the students that he was fairly close with. Their relationship was nothing more than a close friendship. None of the family knew her." He said, leaning back in his chair. Wendy dipped at her coffee for a moment before standing.

"You heard it here! Sajaír Carter is off the market!" She said before the audience had their fair share of groans. Wendy walked to introduce the relative to the family, a producer named Nakeem. Wendy sat back in her chair before pulling up an image of Sajaír and Blaire Woods kissing. It wasn't Tamia, which shocked Maya overall. Sajaír had been holding Blaine's lower stomach regions, almost as if he was indicating something. "When we come back from commercial break, we're going to hear it from the new couple themselves. Let's give a big thank you to Nakeem.."

She continued to close out for her show. Maya turned to face Amirah and Jasmyn. Cree had went to find the remote to turn the TV off. Her eyes were full of tears but she wouldn't allow herself to cry. She knew Sajaír and she knew that what they had was real. It didn't make sense for him to be marrying Blaire all of a sudden and not to mention, where had he gone?