『 3 』

Monday rolled around and I was back at school, studying before class started. We have a math exam today.

"Good morning, Sakurai-san!" a cheerful Kuroo waltz by my desk then sat at his.

I nodded in acknowledgement to him, not looking up from my notes.

"How were the snacks?" he asked. He turned around and put his elbow on my table with his chin rested on his palm.

"Good, thank you," I replied, still not looking up.

"What was your favorite drink?"

"Strawberry milk."

"And bread?"

"Choco bread."

"Are you ready for the math exam?"

"Yes."

"Then why are you still studying?"

I looked up at him. I didn't know what to say to him.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" He snickered.

"Are you ready-"

"Yes."

"-to score fifth in class again?" I finished my sentence.

"Oya, Sakurai-san got jokes," he chuckled then finger gunned me before turning around.

Kuroo may be kind, but it's that carefreeness that annoys me. How can he be so relaxed yet score so high in our college prep courses?

⟣ ⟡ ⟢

"You will each be given one and a half hours to complete this exam. Once you are done, please turn in your exam to me then return to your desk. Ready, start!" The teacher instructed us.

The sound of paper flipping filled the room as we turned over our exam sheet. I answered the questions with ease.

"Fuwa~" Kuroo let out a loud yawn, breaking me out of concentration.

I looked at his back as he lazily scribbled down his answers. His navy blazer was hung behind his chair. His black vest hugged his form and I could see the imprints of his muscles through his white button down shirt.

Flashes of him jumping in the air crossed my mind and I could feel my face heat up.

Focus Ayase! Focus!

I looked down at my paper.

∫12t7−t2−t+3dt

My eyes drifted up to his back again. Why was it that I never noticed how muscular Kuroo was?

Focus!

⟣ ⟡ ⟢

Dinggg dong ding donggg. Dingg dong ding donggg.

The school bell rang signifying that it was lunch time. All the students gathered their belongings as they got ready for lunch. They were all chattering about how hard the test was. It wasn't that hard but I did take a lot longer to complete the test than intended. Because....I looked up at Kuroo, who was still in his chair fumbling something.

My cheeks started to heat up.

Stupid Kuroo! I couldn't focus because of him!

He usually never stayed in class during lunch but today he was. And I couldn't stop being flustered around him!

I grabbed my phone and headed towards the vending machine downstairs. This particular vending machine wasn't crowded because it was on the other side of school. I liked it because I didn't have to deal with the crowds, plus it was always stocked during lunch time.