『 20 』

I immediately snapped out of the trance-like state I was in and jerked my hand back.

I looked down at my hand then to Kuroo, my senses finally coming back.

"You just tried defiling the hands of a pure maiden!" I harshly whispered to him, holding my hands close to my chest.

"Oh please! Nothing about your mind is pure!" He yelled, pointing his finger at me.

"Huh? Do we have guests over?" Arata asked from downstairs.

"Shh!" I clasped my hands over Kuroo's mouth.

THUMP

THUMP

THUMP

Arata's footsteps were slow and ominous as he ascended the stairs.

He's going to catch me alone with a boy!

"Mom told me to buy you food."

THUMP

THUMP

THUMP

I looked at Kuroo.

"Your shirt!" I mouthed to him.

He looked down and realized his shirt was still up, exposing his bare torso. His face grew red as he quickly pulled down his shirt.

"Are you still sick?" Arata asked while opening the door.

He paused. He looked at me, whose hands were still over Kuroo's mouth. Then he looked at Kuroo, who just barely managed to pull down his shirt.

SLAM

Arata quickly shut the door.

"I'm leaving the food out here."

I could hear Arata rustle the bag as he set it down outside my door before leaving off into his own room.

I let out a huge breath of air I didn't know I was holding.

"You dummy! I said no funny business!" I flailed my arms up and down, bonking Kuroo's shoulders.

"It's not my fault you don't know basic anatomy," he chuckled while shielding himself from me. "You were saying weird things like 'clavicles' and 'rectus abdominis'."

"Those are the scientific terms! What more do you want from me?" I swung my arms even harder.

Kuroo seamlessly grabbed hold of my wrists before they struck him.

"I want you to be my girlfriend," he said in a serious tone.

I froze, my face growing hot again.

How can he say that so seriously? It's embarrassing.

My lips tightened.

I guess it's natural for him since he's had many girlfriends, right?

"I told you already...."

His grip on my wrists loosened. He leaned back with one arm supporting him, the other was rubbing the back of his neck.

"I know, I know. You're not 'ready for a relationship'. I don't want to rush you," he mumbled, avoiding contact with me. "....but I just really like you...and..."

It felt as if an arrow shot through my heart.

I just witnessed the ever-so-cocky Kuroo looking shy and awkward. It's moments like these that cause my heart to skip a beat.