『 14 』

Art by Murata (pixiv ID 3834613)

"It's not what you think!" I jumped back the moment Kuroo let go of my face.

I just wanted him to be interested in Bokuto, but instead, I created a huge misunderstanding.

"Bokuto-san, you ruined the mood," Akaashi mentioned nonchalantly as he walked up with drinks in his hands.

Bokuto, who also held drinks in both hands, tilted his head with a dumbfounded look on his face. "Me?"

"HUH?! W-w-w-what mood? There was no mood!" I shouted while flailing my arms in front of my flushed face.

I have to clear up this misunderstanding!

"A-actually!" I pointed at Kuroo. "His face irritates me s-so he was trying to make me angry by shoving it into m-my face!"

The three of them stared blankly at me.

They're looking at me as if I'm an idiot.

After saying it out loud, I realized how strange my explanation was.

"I-I'm serious!" I exclaimed.

I looked at Kuroo, hoping he'd explain himself but he looked away, trying to stifle his laughter.

"Kou, you believe me, don't you?" I looked at him with pleading eyes.

It's really not what you think!

"I've been wondering this for awhile now, but when did you two get so close?" Kuroo asked, crossing his arm.

It might have been my imagination, but he looked a bit annoyed.

Bokuto set my strawberry milk in front of me before he sat across from me.

"When did we get close? Hmm," Bokuto tapped his finger on his chin, trying to think.

Akaashi sat beside Bokuto and set a drink down for Kuroo.

"When we started texting each other?" Bokuto concluded.

If you say it like that, Kuroo will definitely misunderstand you!

I took a sip of my drink. Bokuto was right, the homemade strawberry puree was cooked to perfection before being mixed into the fresh milk.

"She's really fun to talk to! I can see why you like her!" Bokuto beamed.

What?

I snorted a strawberry chunk causing me to cough profusely.

"She won't stop talking about you too! Like "Kuroo fell asleep while we were studying, what does that mean?" or "Kuroo says that he likes me, what should I -" Mmm! Mmmm!"

I clasped my hands over Bokuto's mouth.

WHY IS HE SAYING ALL THIS?!

"Oya?" Akaashi stared at me.

"Oya oya!" Bokuto removed my hands from his mouth to reply.

"Oya oya oya," Kuroo responded, resting his chin on his palm.

All three pairs of eyes were staring at me. I wish I could die from embarrassment already so I wouldn't have to suffer through this any longer.

"It's not!-" I raised my voice but quickly quieted down once I realised the other customers were staring at us. "It's really not what it sounds like."

I sat back down and looked down at my skirt to hide my flushed face.

How did this sudden change of events happen?