『 8 』

A/N:

Original Art by kachiyori403 on Twitter

。゚( ゚இ‸இ゚)゚。

I've been obsessed with the new Animal Crossing game that just came out so I've been neglecting this story. Thank you all for being patient with me! I'll be posting regularly after I catch all the March fish! (・'ω'・ ●)

⟣ ⟡ ⟢

"I'm leaving now," I said sleepily as I walked to the doorway.

"Hey Aya, can you cover my shift this Saturday? I'm going to a mixer," Arata stopped me before I left.

"Sure, what time?" I agreed, I need the money anyways.

I started to put on my shoes.

"It's from 3 to closing."

"Got it. I'm leaving now."

I left the house and headed to school.

A mixer?

I have 2D boyfriends so I never thought about dating or real relationships.

The only person I've actually ever liked was Kurokami but he ended up being Kuroo so that crush didn't last long.

I entered the train.

It wasn't too packed but there wasn't any seating so I stood at the pole in front of the train doors.

I looked at the window and saw my reflection.

It's not like any boy would be interested in me anyway.

My hair is plain, my glasses aren't stylish, and I'm slouching like a grandma.

"Look, Aya-pi, you're actually really pretty but you don't know how to present yourself."

I remembered Hayashi's words.

I stood up straight and puffed my chest.

Does this look weird? How do I 'present myself'?

After I got off the train, I walked to school. I looked at my reflection at every store front every time I walked by.

"You don't know how to present yourself." What does that even mean?

While looking at my reflection, a fashion magazine caught my eye on the other side of the window.

"You don't know how to present yourself."

I walked into the store and purchased the magazine.

This was my first time reading a fashion magazine. All the models were so pretty, I started to feel self conscious. Was this the meaning of presenting oneself?

"Hey Sakurai-san! Whatcha doing?" an all too familiar voice asked from behind.

My blood began to boil without having to look at who that voice belonged to.

"Studying," I responded flatly.

A pair of big hands grabbed the magazine from my hands.

"Oya? This doesn't look like any study material I've ever seen," Kuroo smirked while flipping through the magazine.

"Give that back," I spat.

"No need to beg," he teased as he gave the magazine back to me.

"I wasn't begging," I grabbed the magazine and held it close to my chest.