Fall

"Renjun ge!" Chenle called out as I walked towards the museum. Yes, I was working with Chenle. In fact, he was the one who introduced me to this job. His father is an official here anyway. Chenle has always lived the rich life.

Unlike me though, Chenle is an art dealer, but he donates art to this museum, especially the rare treasures made by Korean artists in the 19th century.

"Chenle," I smiled. Chenle went on a business trip to Greece last summer, following an exhibition. He looked healthy and pretty tanned.

"I heard from Jaemin, is Donghyuck hyung alright?"

"He's doing fine, but he has temporary memory loss, so he forgot some things,"

"I hope he's alright," Chenle sighed. Chenle and Donghyuck definitely did not converse well back in high school but, when Renjun started dating Donghyuck, meeting him was inevitable for Chenle. After a long time, they started small talk and during their college years they'd always play video games in the semester breaks.

"He's healthy, just a bad concussion and some wounds,"

"Oh no,"

"I'm going there tonight to check up on him, you want to come?"

"Sure!"

After work, Renjun and Chenle walked to the train station in their busy city. It was evening and everyone was rushing home. The train was crowded, but it was only three stops to the hospital, so it worked.

"Careful ge!" Chenle steadied Renjun who almost fell down, try to walk past the crowd.

"Thanks,"

"So concussion?" Chenle asked as walked into the hospital with Renjun. 

"Yeah um, he has temporary memory loss,"'

"Wait what?" Chenle stopped to look at Renjun in disbelief. "So, he doesn't remember anything?"

"He remembers most things," I said, a little bitter, "Except me,"

"W-wait," I quickly opened the door, not wanting to see the pity in his eyes. I had enough of it and I couldn't stand it no more.

"Hi, Renjun," Donghyuck said smiling at me. His uncle had an emergency back in his hometown so his aunt and Xiaojun went with him.

So Jaemin and I have been taking turns to take care of him.

"Hi H-Donghyuck," I smiled. Chenle looked really confused. I don't blame him. It's been a long time since I actually referred to him as Donghyuck. "You feeling better?"

"Yeah, don't worry about me," Donghyuck laughed. "I just keep getting in accidents,"

"I'm sorry, really," I wanted to give him a lecture about staying safe but he couldn't. Instead, I just kept quiet, feeling awkward.

I could see Chenle, wanting to ask questions but he couldn't, instead looking at me helplessly.

"Ah, Donghyuck, do you remember him?" I looked at Donghyuck.

He looked at Chenle for a while, his face scrunched in confusion. I sighed.

"It's okay you know, you will remember eventually,"

"Aren't, aren't you the boy I used to bully?" Donghyuck said bluntly, making Chenle red.

"Er...yeah?"

"Oh goodness you have grown, and I'm really sorry just so you know,"

Chenle looked at me really confused but he just played along. "Ah... it's okay really,"

"So Mr Lee," Jisung came in with his trainee coat on. Chenle turned bright red and almost hid behind me. I knew if this happened five years ago, he would. "It's time for you medicine and I will need to change your dressing," he looked really cool with his clipboard, like a real doctor. It's so surprising that he's the youngest among all of us, he looks so mature now

He turned to the both of us, linking eyes briefly with Chenle. He stopped before quickly turning to me. "Renjun, Chenle," he nodded. "I'm sorry but you guys need to wait outside for a bit yeah?"

"Thanks Jisung," I said smiling at him before pulling the static Chenle out.

"Now," I said looking at him. "What exactly happened between you too?"

Chenle looked at me, still red. "It's a long story ge, but it's over," he said sadly. "Really,"

"You're telling me that after I saw that?!"

"Okay, okay look," Chenle said. It happened two years ago, and I did some pretty dumb stuff okay, and well..I got super jealous of someone and a huge fight broke out and it ended badly, because both of our egos were really high,"

"I see..." I said, putting a hand on Chenle's lap. "I'm sorry,"

"No, no it's something that happened a long time ago, I just need to get over it," he looked at me. "and also what was that?!"

"What?!"

"Donghyuck?! Renjun?! Where was the Hyuckie and Injunnie?!"

"Look he literally forgot about me, and I don't want to stress him out about it. He literally had a concussion and I don't want to pressure him,"

"I'm sorry ge, I really am,"

"Well what can we do?"

"How's Renshu? And Jianyu?"

"Renshu is doing really well in England. He's been bragging about English folk and tea," I rolled my eyes. "I'm glad he's abroad thought, because I know how much he likes to travel," I said. "And Jianyu's still in high school,"

"It was like yesterday when he was a little kid..." Chenle said. "The babies are growing!"

"Well we still have Chaeyoung, who knows how long she'll stay little,"

"Oh my goodness I haven't seen her in a long time!" Chenle said.

We continued talking until Jisung exited the ward, looking at us.

"You guys can go in now, sorry for the wait,"

"Thank you," I smiled at him before dragging the struck Chenle again. The tension is killing me.

And we stayed in the ward, before leaving for the night.

"Get back home safe yeah," Donghyuck said as we walked out.

"Yeah get well soon hyung," Chenle wasn't awkward anymore, already getting used to the situation.

Donghyuck nodded at him before letting his eyes linger on me, making me confused.

"Bye Hyuck," I said before stopping myself. "I mean, Donghyuck,"

"Call me Hyuck please,"

"Okay, good night Hyuck," I smiled at him. He smiled back, making my heart flutter.

"You're just so whipped for him aren't you?" Chenle teased as we walked out of the hospital.

"Shut up,"

I am so so so sorry I took so long to updatee I had school and a lot of things going on. I also didn't know what to write as an update so I'm sorry if this chapter is really dry :(((

Thank you for all your love and patience for this book I really appreciate it <3