Irony

"Am I really just your friend?" I watched his eyes widened for a bit, before quickly slipping into an emotionless tone. He looked at me with a confused look.

"Yeah, I mean," He started. "We were high school friends living with each other that's all,"

"Really?"

"Really,"

I still wasn't convinced, but he didn't want to talk about it, so I decided to change the subject.

"So, how was your day?"

I realized I wasn't really listening, because my eyes were directed to his face, how his beautiful eyes glimmered in the hospital light, how his pretty coral pink lips moved, pronouncing every word in perfect Korean. He is just really beautiful, I'm just stating facts.

He is really sweet though, always checking up on me. I'm not sure what it is but his gestures made my heart flutter.

It was true, I was disappointed when he didn't come in the morning. Then I remembered that he was a man in his middle twenties who had better things to do in his life than visit a friend of his 24/7.

But well, it can get pretty lonely in the hospital.

"And well I don't know what Jisung is planning on," My head snapped back from my thoughts. "But he's probably patching things up with Chenle,"

"Really?" I noticed a funny vibe Jisung gave out during the time Chenle came over. "What happened with them?"

"Oh right," Renjun said, forgetting that I lost some of my memory, especially about recent incidents. "Well, those two were dating, and I'm not sure what, but something went wrong between the both of them, Chenle didn't want to tell me,"

"I see," I was still very unsure of something, so I decided to ask Renjun himself.  "Uh, this is weird, but what am I doing? Am I currently working or something?"

"Oh," Renjun smiled. "You're working as a car salesman,"

"Wait what?" I tried to remember anything that had to do with me working as a car salesman, but nothing.

"Well, you graduated from business school, and Jeno's brother interested you in the job. You've been working there for 2 years now,"

"Oh dang," I said. "But I literally don't remember anything. How am I even supposed to work?"

"The doctor said it's all temporary Hyuck," Renjun put a hand on my shoulder. "Just focus on getting better yeah?"

"So, how did I end up living with you?"

"Hyuck, you shouldn't force yourself with these things," Renjun said, a bit worried. I shook my head.

"I just want to know. It's okay,"

Renjun sighed. "Well, if you insist, we just decided to get an apartment together since my family moved to China and your workplace is close to mine," Renjun said. "So, we both pay half of the rent,"

"Ah.." I said. I can't believe I'm forgetting so many things in my life. It all feels so empty, like a puzzle I'm trying to find pieces to.

I let out a low breath. It's so weird. One minute I was going to sleep in high school, and the next day I wake up as a car salesman.

But even though while thinking about my high school years, it still feels a lot blurry, like it wasn't yesterday. 

Like many years have passed.

I've never expected to be in a car accident, or even to lose memory. I've only seen things like this in TV you know?

So this whole thing feels very freaky to me.

"Hyuck?" I looked back at the worried Renjun. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I gave him a small smile. "Just thinking,"

Somehow I feel calm with him around, like everything was in place. I looked at his beautiful eyes again, making him blush.

"Hyuck?"

"Sorry just," I shook my head. What was I thinking? Why was I feel like this?

"You should get some rest," Renjun said. "It's already night,"

"Yeah, I'm probably just tired," I smiled at him. He just nodded. I lied down, sinking in the same spot I woke up. I have to admit I was getting tired of this place.

"Good night," Renjun smiled as he propped the blanket on for me. I didn't want him to leave. I don't know what is this urge.

I don't know anything much about myself lately.

"Renjun," He looked at me, those deep brown eyes looking back at mine. My heart skipped a beat, again.

"Yeah,"

"Thank you,"

He broke into a warm smile, letting his little dimples show. They were so cute oh god.

"No problem,"

"Also, take care, get home safely,"

"I will, don't worry Hyuck," he smiled. "Good night Hyuck,"

"Night Jun,"

I watch him walk away, before I closed my eyes, letting sleep take over.

I ended up dreaming again, this time, I was back in high school. Weirdly, I wasn't in my body. I was watching the younger me, the rebellious me.

"Oi!" he grabbed Chenle by the collar. "I just asked you a question,"

"Y-yes my m-mother put it on me," he stuttered. I watched his big surprised eyes begging for mercy. I winced at how terrible I was behaving. Poor Chenle.

The younger me roughly let go of him. Jaemin looked at me after counting the money. "It's enough,"

"Well kid, go trip on a rock or something," Jeno growled as he followed Jaemin to the stalls. The younger me gave the kid a disgusted glare and turned around.

"Wait!" I saw a boy, a young boy. I couldn't see his face as he had his back turned at me. He was probably defending Chenle.

"What is it now you little dip-" Younger Hyuck turned around. When his eyes met the boy, his eyes widened. I somehow felt the feeling he felt. It was rushing back. 

"Hello?!" he looked at the boy. "What the hell were you doing?"

I wanted to walk in front, to see this boy. I wanted to know who he was but I couldn't. It felt like I was nailed to the ground, not being able to move. I couldn't even call out. I was just there, watching my younger self interact with the boy.

And slowly, I couldn't remember anything, falling into a deeper sleeping stage.