Hope

Donghyuck had already dozed off on my shoulder, so I carefully placed him on the bed, putting the blanket over him.

"I never knew," Jeno said, looking really sorry. 

"Me neither," I said. "I knew his parents were alcoholics, but I never knew about the abuse," Usually Donghyuck changes the subject and I didn't want to make him too uncomfortable.

"Well, you're crashing at my house again right?" Jeno said as we left the sleeping Donghyuck. I nodded. 

"Sorry for the intrusion,"

"It's okay, Chaeyoung is very excited," Jeno laughed. His eye smile has never changed, and it always gave a soothing vibe.

"She's precious," Chaeyoung made me feel like adopting a child of my own. She's just so precious.

"She is,"

As we entered Jeno's house, I could smell the glorious smell of food. Jaemin must be cooking again.

"Appaa!" Chaeyoung ran towards Jeno with outstretched arms. Jeno pulled the toddler into a hug.

"How's my favorite baby doing?"

"Daddy made pasta!!"

I whipped my head inside to see the smiling Jaemin. I grinned at him as I walked in, letting the father and daughter have their sweet time.

It's funny how we've grown, especially the Nomin couple, who is already a family.

"How's Hyuck?" Jaemin said finishing up.

"He's looking much more healthier," I said. "But he still doesn't remember me," I chuckled.

"Aw, don't worry, it will come soon," Jaemin said, giving me a hug.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Let's eat!" Jaemin announced as he let go softly. Jeno nodded as he loosened his tie. He must have had a hard day at work.

During dinner, Jaemin and Jeno were talking about work and Hyuck, sometimes bringing me in the conversation too, but I was still thinking about Donghyuck, and the things he went through. The way he cried on my shoulder without thinking twice, maybe he remembered a bit?

"So how's the art museum?" Jaemin asked, looking at me zoning out. I looked back at him.

"Eh?"

"What's got you in such deep thought Renjun-ah," Jaemin laughed. "You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," I said, quickly stuffing a mouthful of spaghetti. "Nothing so much,"

Jaemin just smiled back at me before Chaeyoung made a mess of her plate.

"Whoopsie~"

Jaemin shook his head and went to clean up his child, leaving me and Jeno once again.

"So do you need a lift to the museum again?" Jeno asked, swallowing his food.

"No it's okay, I don't want to trouble,"

"But's it's on my way," Jeno stated before popping another mouthful in his mouth. "I don't mind,"

"Really? Thank you,"

Jeno just smiled before eating again, making me eat my share too.

That night I couldn't sleep again, tossing and turning. I missed Donghyuck, I missed him a lot. Jeno and Jaemin were being really kind and helpful, but I still felt lonely, and it's because I need him. I needed Donghyuck.

I didn't stop at the hospital the next morning, because I knew Hyuck's aunt and cousin would be there already. Instead, I decided to focus on my job today, and see him in the evening again.

As I walked into the building, I saw Jisung looking a little lost. He was pacing around, muttering something to himself, making me raise an eyebrow.

"What are you doing here Ji-"

"AHHH!" Jisung jumped before looking at my wide eyes. "Oh hey hyung,"

"What are you doing here?" I said, looking at the worried Jisung.

"Well...I wanted to apologize to Chenle but um....I don't know,"

"You should, but for what exactly?"

"Look hyung, I messed up our relationship, and I only found out last night, so I...wanted to apologize to him but...I'm not so sure,"

"You should Jisung Park," I said. "I can guarantee that Chenle would forgive you,"

"Really?"

"Well....not that fast but, Chenle is a nice guy. He wouldn't hold grudges that long. Besides," I looked at him. "You're supposed to apologize for your mistakes no matter what,"

He took a deep breath. "You're right hyung,"

"But I think you should do it after work," Renjun said. "Maybe take him out to dinner or something,"

"Ah you're right hyung," He looked at his watch. "I have to be somewhere now, but I can make it back by seven,"

"Perfect,"

"Thanks hyung, see ya,"

"You too," I smiled. Jisung really looks more mature now, but he's still a little kid inside. I chuckled to myself before entering the museum.

As we finished work, I walked out with Chenle and there I saw Jisung still fidgeting with his fingers.

"What's he doing here?" Chenle asked me. I just shrugged. 

"He probably wants to talk to you, go ahead,"

"You sure it's not something about Donghyuck hyung?"

"Pretty sure it's not,"

"Okay see ya,"

I smiled before watching Chenle go, walking towards the train station. Yes, I'm going to check up on Donghyuck again. Didn't I say I missed him?

"Hey," He smiled as I walked in. Xiaojun and Mrs Jung must have left a long time ago.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"I'm better, also sorry for yesterday," He apologized as I sat down next to him.

"No..no it's okay," I smiled. "Sorry for tiring you out,"

"It's okay," he smiled before looking at me, his brown eyes shining. "Renjun?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you really just a friend?"