Prelude

Ariana POV

Scooter was pacing back and forth, very worriedly as I was sitting in front of him at his office. He had called me very panicked a few hours ago asking me to come down to his office.

"Her album is going to bring your fame down, Ariana. We need to find a way to counter attack and maintain your image." He said throwing his hand up.

"Fucking what? Counter attack?! Are you hearing yourself? Whose fault is this to begin with?!" I could not help but raise my voice.

The nerve of this guy. I should have never hired him back.

"We NeEd To PrOmOtE yOu mOrE, dO sOmEtHiNg OuTrAgEoUs, MoRe PrEsS aRi." I mocked him in a very rude tone and he was not impressed at all. "You got your fucking press now. Don't forget Scooter that the PR stunt from a year ago was your fucking idea. You had to go mess around with my personal life and I lost the only person I have truly loved. All for what? For money? Fame? Is that all I really am to you, Scoot? Do you know how long it took for me to be okay after the horrible break up with Y/N? I don't fucking blame her for doing what she did. I'm getting what I deserve for listening to your sorry ass and now karma's kicking both of our asses." I got up from my chair where I was seated and made my way to him. At this point he was completely at a loss for words.

"I've had enough of you. I sacrificed so much for my career...for you. I admit it was partly my fault for being such a fucking idiot and putting my career first before my relationship. But you knew I was hurting. You knew what I had been through and you still forced my hand by threatening me with legal action due to not respecting my contract rules when it was the most convenient for you. You threatened me out of a job."

He was scared and I was happy he was. I've had enough of his Alpha male complex.

"Ari, honey. Calm down." I felt my mom place an arm on my shoulder as she had walked up to me.

"No! How can I calm down when the only person I have ever truly loved has just released a diss album about me because of this man's lust for more publicity and fame? The two things I voluntarily gave him by abandoning my morals by lying to Y/N, by breaking her. How the fuck can I be okay?"

I stormed out passed my mom, leaving Scooter shaking in his oversized suite. I slammed the door behind me. I was feeling like I was on the verge of breaking down again and the only person that could have ever made me feel okay, hates the living hell out of me.

I arrived at Tommy's studio around an hour later. I needed to drive around and get my thoughts back together. Although it had been nearly a year we broke up, I was still absolutely broken about this whole situation. I reached for the front door handle and opened the door slowly.

"Shhhh...it's Ari." I heard Victoria say, very faintly. 

Bless my supersonic hearing.

"What are you guys hiding?" I said as I saw Victoria and Courtney turning the TV off very quickly. They turned to each other, very obviously terrible at hiding anything. Tommy was sat in the back, looking at them and shaking his head.

"Guys, not cool. What were you doing?" I asked again, more focused on Courtney as I knew she would be the first one to give in.

"Y/N is giving an interview with Zac." Courtney said which earned her a light punch on the shoulder from Victoria. "Ow..bitch." she said at Victoria and she retaliated by sticking her tongue out at her.

My heart tightened at the mention of Y/N's name. I was highly curious as to what was going to happen.

"How about you sit over by me and we can continue working on a couple of songs?" Tommy offered trying to get my mind off of Y/N's appearance.

"I want to watch." I replied simply.

"Ari, are you sure you want to do this to yourself?" Victoria said as she scooted on the couch to make enough space for me.

I simply nodded and sat in between Courtney and Victoria. Courtney opened her arms and I cuddled into her.

Victoria reached for the remote and turned it back on.

"...fantastic how you managed to get back on your feet." Zac said as the cameras changed to show Y/N.

She was looking tired, but good. She had always looked good and I had missed seeing her "live". All I had were still photos of her and I was beginning to miss her motions and postures.

"Yeah, it's been tough year but I'm grateful for the hard times." She spoke softly, clearly invaded with emotions. I had missed her voice so fucking much. 

"So let's talk a bit about your songs on the album. Tell me a bit how the creation process went. You wrote this album in less than a year?" Zac asked her.

"Well, when I go through difficult times, the writing is easy. I write and write. Initially I had enough to put 30 songs on this album but my management only authorized for me to pick 16."

"So you could put out an album again next month if you wanted to." Zac said laughing.

"Guess so, but I think people would get tired of me bitching and sounding so depressed." She said laughing and rubbing the back of her neck.

She never failed to make jokes out of everything. I couldn't help but smile at seeing the Y/N I knew and this trait I had fallen in love with.

"So shall we get into this album and pick out the songs one by one and talk about the process of each song?" Zac offered with a smile.

"Let's go, I'm ready." Y/N laughed.

However, I wasn't.