Chapter five

"Can we take a seat here?"

I look up to see who it is that intruded my conversation with Ava and notice Tori looking at me with a glint in her eyes. I smile at her but then my face turns sour when Ava starts grinning at the person standing next to Tori and then back at me.

If she doesn't stop, I'm grabbing her salad fork and stabbing her eyes out!

"Just ignore him and think of him as a plant," Tori smirks earning an elbow punch. I was slurping on my juice and choke on that.

"Are you alright?" Johnny, I pray to the lord that's his name, asks with concern. I give him a vague nod and then glare at my best friend who was laughing her head off. A stranger cares but my best friend is a monster. Once she's done with her retarded laugh, she looks at me expectantly to introduce Tori to her.

Dream on girl. I'm mute.

She gets my silence and stares at me. Then she deepens her stare and I still remain quiet. She grabs a tomato and throws it at me.

Oh ho ho. Wrong move girl.

"Ava's throwing her tomatoes!" I say aloud and she slaps my arm, covering my mouth. Too late, the person I wanted to hear it heard it loud and clear. The lady behind the counter knew who exactly Ava was since she had a tendency to throw things.

"Stop that, girl." She scolds and Ava scowls.

Revenge is a bitch sweetheart.

I smirk at her and she rolls her eyes at me but then we start laughing. This happens every time Ava throws something at me.

"The reason why you two don't need a boyfriend is because you guys love each other more?" Tori asks with a laugh in her tone.

"You bet!" I say confidently while Ava nods with a wink. Tori laughs while giving her brother a teasing look. He rolls his eyes at her and remains quiet.

"But we're currently open for potential suitors," Ava says out of the blue looking at the guy with a mischievous glint in her eyes. I nudge her down the table but she ignores me. "Once Judy gets a boyfriend, I'm hunting down mine." She finishes flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"Which is why you'll be going to prom with me honey. I'm not looking for a boyfriend." I say with a sweet smile trying to throw Ava off. But the girl just grins at me.

"Oh, but you don't have to look Judy pie. There's already one found." She says with a secret smile.

"I don't want a boyfriend Avangeline." I try to sound menacing but she never takes me seriously. Tori looks at both of us with amusement while her brother sits awkwardly. You shouldn't have sat for lunch at our table Howell kid.

"How long have you two known each other?" Tori asks and Ava beams. She's always happy when someone asks that question.

"Since we were in second grade," Ava says with pride. Tori looks astounded I must say. Ava doesn't stop there. She goes on making me want to choke her. "I became friends with Judy ever since I wouldn't give her basketball back and she started throwing a tantrum. She threw everything she could find inside her bag at me." Ava was reminiscing the good old times while I scowled.

Why was she getting so personal with strangers?

Tori chuckled. "Savage." I just sigh and force a smile. "You took a basketball to school in second grade?" She asks amused. I just shrug.

"How long have you been playing?" her next question is directed to me but my best friend just had to butt in.

"She started when she was six. But she held the ball first when she was only one." Ava says bouncing.