Chapter 13

I was asleep on the couch Sunday afternoon when Ponyboy shook me awake. I sat up and wiped the sleep out of my eyes and looked up at him, and he smelled like, Paint?

"Pony?" I asked, " Why do you smell like paint?" Just then I heard a crash from my room and both Darry and Soda cuss. "And why isn't Darry and Soda at work?" I jumped up off the couch and started off towards my room, but Ponyboy pushed me back down to the couch. By this time, My eyes were adjusted to the light and I saw that he was covered in paint, blue paint, my favorite color. 

"Just give m 5 more minutes, Okay, babe?" He looks back in the direction in my room, "then we can, go to the store" and he dashes off.

Half a hour later, Ponyboy comes back out, wearing fresh clothing and washed hair. He is no longer covered in paint and is putting on his converse. Two-bit was in the kitchen, eating the cake. I quickly brush through my hair and slipping into leggings. 

"Hey, Two?" I hear Ponyboy say from the living room, "Can you drive me and Kaylynn to Walmart?" 

"Sure, man," Two-bit laughed as I walked in, "But I get your cake tonight!"

"Fine!" Ponyboy mumbled, "Let's go!" And he pushed us out the door.

4 hours later, we came back to the house just as the sun was setting. I have no idea what we bought, because Ponyboy made me go to the truck before we met up with two-bit (who had the cart with our stuff)He blind folded me before I could peek at what was in the cart.

So we got home and I was sitting on the couch with no one but myself and Mickey Mouse. All of the boys, and I mean all 7 of them, were on the other side of the house, not letting me see what they were doing. 

I guess I drifted off because I woke up to Dallas  picking me up and setting me on my bed, but I never opened my eyes. I just remember the smell of paint and Ponyboy's arms wrapping around me before drifting off again.

I awoke the next morning, still in Ponyboy's arms. There was no longer the smell of paint, but the room seemed brighter than usual. 

I sit up, waking Ponyboy in the process, and gasp. The room, was different, but a good way. 

I squealed loudly

I squealed loudly. Soda ran into the room, shouting "Everything okay?" Then he saw my smile, "Oh I thought she was having another panic attack" He laughed. "So you like the room?" 

"Like it?" I ran at him, jumping into his arms for a hug, "I fricken love it!" Darry was there buy that time, too, so I hugged him. 

"It wasn't my idea, or Soda's" Darry laughed, he pointed behind me, "It was all Ponyboy's"

I turn toward him, "You wanted to do this?" I started to tear up. I walked toward him and jumped on him. He kissed the top of my head and smiled. I heard the door shut as I said "Thank you" into his (cough cough bare cough cough) chest. 

"Anything for the love of my life" He smiled again. 

A/N: Alright people I have multiple stories to update so let me make this quick (sorry for the short chapter)

I know, i know, I feels like years since I have updated, but that is becuase I have been SSSUUUPPPEEERRR BBBUUUSSYYY and I should be updating more because my school is on "Corona Break" so I will update more over the nest few weeks, but I have like, 4 other stories to update, so I have to go do those. 

I love you, greasers! Stay gold and keep reading!

-Jacey