C H P - 1

WARNING: There will more than likely be side couples. If you have a problem with that, or if you decide to make a problem in the comment section, your comment will be deleted.

----

"Kihyun, Kihyun! Oh my god! Look at him!"

Being his ever so enthusiastic self, Lee Minhyuk repeatedly jabbed his best friend in the side, more than likely leaving some kind of swollen red mark behind.

"Huh?" Kihyun, the aforementioned best friend, peered up from his Science work curiously, searching for whatever it was that Minhyuk was so hyper about. "Look at who?" His work was quickly forgotten, what with how excited the blonde male seemed--although, in all honesty, the work wasn't too hard, just a simple sheet, where certain sentences from the textbook had to be copied down and properly cited.

In another world, he might have been annoyed to be interrupted when he was focusing as intently as he was, but this time, he was genuinely interested. It wasn't often that Minhyuk was so openly distracted during class.

"I don't see anyone."

Minhyuk only let out a huff, pointing to the furthest corner in fabricated frustration; he could never truly be mad at Kihyun, even if his life depended on it. A smile tugged at his lips. "How many times have I told you, you needed glasses?"

"Well you've told me an awful lot, Mr Minhyuk," Kihyun offered right back, grinning. His gaze continued to search the area that had been so eagerly gestured to.

But then his smile fell.

His breath hitched.

So that was it...

Not being able to process what he had seen, he quickly cast his eyes away. There was a voice inside of him that urged that something was wrong, that a gear had shifted and changed the way his mind and body worked. The gut feeling insisted that he wasn't meant to look at him, wasn't meant to meet him. Their paths weren't meant to cross.

It was all wrong.

"Did you see him?" Minhyuk whispered so eagerly he sounded almost angry. "He's so cute, don't you think? Gosh! Do you think he'd go for me?"

The corners of Kihyun's lips twitched upwards in a mindless reflex, assuring his friend that he was listening--not processing. He didn't want think about what he had seen, who he had seen, but Minhyuk's words rang in his ears over and over again; slowly, all the details came back to him.

Soft dark hair, and even softer dark, yet entrancingly sharp eyes.

Dimples--deep dimples.

A shining smile.

He had seen it all.

"Yup," he drawled in an upbeat tone, making himself seem less interested than he really was. "And, of course, I bet he would go for you. You're hot. Who would even think otherwise?" He raised a teasing eyebrow and looked down to his textbook.

The class was studying rocks. It wasn't a very interesting subject, but there was just something about it that had drawn Kihyun in--especially when he got to the section that revealed the multiple ways scientists tended to classify minerals. He scanned the section on the breaking of rocks, pretending to listen to Minhyuk as he continued on about the new kid. He didn't want to hear about it; his heart didn't, but he couldn't even begin to explain why.