C H P - 8

Then the grip they had on each other grew tighter as the warm tears began to fall.

----

I'm okay, now... I'm okay.

Those words raced circles around Kihyun's mind, as if they were being challenged to lap as many times as they could. Over and over they went, never-ending. It didn't matter how exhausted he was or how much he wished to close his eyes and allow his mind to silence itself; the words just never stopped.

I'm okay, really. It's all okay now. It's...

"Are you serious?"

He was forcibly ripped from his thoughts at the sound of two girls whispering amongst themselves in the seat across the aisle. They sounded panicked and distraught.

He didn't glance away from the window as the world ushered past him, second by second in a haze of negative emotion, yet still, he listened in on them. He knew that their situation more than likely had nothing to do with him, but there was some dark part of himself that insisted their conversation had to do with Changkyun; so he couldn't just ignore them, not when his broken heart still belonged to the very male they could have been talking about.

"He really did that?"

"Yeah...! Apparently he got the nudes out of her by pretending he liked her, but when she finally asked him about it, he said he didn't like her! What an ass...!"

"And to think we thought he was nice..."

"I feel bad for his friends. Who would have thought the hot and sweet Im Changkyun actually turned out to be this heartless asshole? I--"

And that was it.

That was the last thing he could bare.

Like millions of large, aggressive hands, some insistent force took grasp of his heart and pulled it backward, back into the familiar depths of darkness. He could almost feel the fingers digging and prying into his being, creating gaping holes in the stable person he had managed to become. One push, two pushes, then three. More was taken out of him, more was giving up in its fight to block out the pain... and more of himself just continued to fall helplessly in love with Changkyun. The hands stabbed fiercely at his wall of safety, and within moments, it was as if the white roses hidden within his heart had begun to wither.

"I can't imagine someone actually falling in love with him, knowing what he has done to that poor girl."

"I know...!"

No...

Just no...

There was no way this was happening again.

Hadn't Changkyun promised not to hurt any more people? Hadn't he...?

The hands continued in their excruciatingly painful pounding, and that was when he realized it.

No. 

Feeling so much emotion in that moment of vulnerability, he could no longer bare it and had walked away before the younger male could complete his part of the promise. Changkyun had never said anything about not hurting any more people, never; that had to mean...