C H P - 13

Without another moment to spare, he slid his elegant fingers along the hilt of Kihyun's neck and pulled him closer.

----

Their lips collided.

When Changkyun had said he wanted Kihyun to spend the night with him, this wasn't at all what either of them had imagined. They had thought that they would talk and that would be that, that the rest of the night would be spent in a thickening silence.

Neither of them would ever have thought that this would happen.

Kihyun let out a small squeak of surprise as the younger suddenly pulled back from their unmoving kiss. His starry eyes were wide, not with delight, but instead with confusion. He had asked the male to please stop giving him hope, and now--even if it felt better than anything else he had ever experienced--Changkyun was deciding to hurt him even more?

Or was that really his intent?

"Changkyun," the pinkette said softly, his hand placing itself over his heart, inwardly willing it to calm down. "Why are you doing this...? Do you even like me?"

Almost like he wasn't expecting the question, the younger mindlessly looked down to his lap, and for a moment he seemed like he was having a war inside himself.

Did he really want Kihyun?

He thought he did, but did he really?

The male glanced back up from his jean-covered thighs to face the fragile one before him. Kihyun's gaze was wavering, his eyebrows furrowing. He appeared to be genuinely confused, but something inside of him already knew the answer.

"I..."

The younger reached out to set a hand on Kihyun's reddened cheek, feeling the warmth surging up through his arm to his mind, making it all fuzzy-like. He stayed like that for a long while, perhaps even for a few minutes, just studying the male's eyes and the innocent, narrowed gaze being sent his way.

No, his mind whispered.

I don't want him.

"I don't... like you."

Changkyun retreated his warm palm, cutting off the connection between the surging river and the ocean. He would have thought he could leave it like that, that the feelings stirring up inside of him would finally calm with this conclusion, yet Kihyun's eyes glazed over with the most beautiful layer of tears, and he could no longer have just left it at that. "At least, I don't think I do. I mean... I don't know."

And then it came.

Realization dawned on Kihyun the way morning light dawns in on the darkness of a midnight galaxy.

His feelings would never be returned, no matter how hard he wished them to be. There was no point in dancing around the way things would end. Just that kiss alone was enough to prove it. It had been so soft, so almost meaningful that it made him sick.

He was done.

He was so done.

He couldn't do this anymore, and this time, he meant it.