Worse and Worse

The faint aura of the medical bay flooded Draco's senses but something was different. He sat up and looked wildly at his surroundings. His vision was tinted with pink and it was like he could see the magic and life from the corners of the room to the open window far down the hall. In a blink, it disappeared, taking the pink with it but leaving that odd feeling in his stomach.

Memories of the previous evening flowed into his brain bringing the stress and fear with it.

Draco brought a hand to his chests to try and steady his breath.

'Think Draco'

The Slytherin sat up pondering about his situation and as he conjured up a plan, all hope crashed through with it.

A lone tear streamed down his cheek. The plan would be risky and Azkaban was inevitable but it just might work.  His brain felt energised, resources like he could solve world hunger or talk telepathically to an owl.  Draco's mind zinged with possibilities but wilted in sadness at the prospect of not having enough time.

He would have to move fast. 

Suddenly the curtains were pulled back and Madame Pomfrey stood by Draco's bed. A ring of gold light rotated around her head before fading out. Draco didn't even flinch. He understood. She conducted a few tests with her wand and hummed in approval.

"It seems like your body righted itself, however, I'm slightly confused about the large reading of magic in your body. Not to mention the child-"

Draco raised a glowing pink hand, the other on his stomach. A stream of pink tethered from Draco's hand chained itself around the medic witch

"I am fine. I had a heart attack but you are discharging me. I'm not pregnant and I have normal levels of magic. Forget anything abnormal about me and let me leave"

The steam pulsed brightly before dissipating.
The medic witch swayed slightly her demeanour of one who had been imperio'd.
"You're free to go Mr Malfoy. Just make sure you always have your IV bag attached till further notice," said Madame Pomfrey blankly before leaving.

Draco breathed a sigh of relief.
"Thank goodness it worked" he muttered under his breath before pulling on the uniform that sat folded on the table next to him.

As soon as Draco left the medical bay he was thrown into change over traffic. He walked gracefully through the gap the sea of students had made for him. Being a Malfoy had its perks. On his journey back to his dorm he saw hundreds of glowing rings around peoples heads, mostly gold ones but there were some black ones. Not surprisingly the black rings belong to Slytherin but there were some in the other houses.

'Don't get distracted' thought Draco sternly as he continued to walk.  

He figured the tower entrance was the closest and quickest way to get into the dorm.  Unfortunately, it was the worst way.

The blonde climbed up the staircase briskly not wanting to be caught by any stragglers getting to class or any gossips wanting to stay and chat.   Finally, he arrived.  The Fat Lady looked him up and down before giving him a slight smile,

"I'm glad you are feeling better Malfoy," she said softly.  Draco nodded warmly at her before turning to the wall next to the painting.  Begrudgingly he licked his thumb and pressed it into the rune carved faintly into a stone in the wall.  The rune glowed red, the colour seeping into the stone and the stone's around it making a red rectangle before dissipating leaving a dimly lit corridor.

Draco let out a small breath before ploughing inside, the red stones of the wall re animating behind him. 

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO