𝖎𝖎𝖎.

"LDSK"

"LDSK"

"Mother, I have pasts inside me I did not bury properly. Some nights, your daughter tears herself apart, yet heals in the morning."

- Ijeoma Umebinyuo

⇉🜛🜞🜛⇇

At the BAU, Lexa, Elle, and Derek were all sitting at their desks working on paperwork

At the BAU, Lexa, Elle, and Derek were all sitting at their desks working on paperwork. At least, they were, until Elle turned to both of her colleagues with a serious expression on her face as Gideon came in.

"Reid failed his qualification test," she informed them. Gideon just kept making his way to his office while answering.

"He can re-test in two weeks."

"Yeah, but he's gonna be embarrassed about it," Elle said before turning to Derek, "so let's not mention it." Derek looked at her with a feigned expression of hurt while Lexa fought the urge to chuckle at his reaction.

"Yeah, let's not, huh," Gideon repeated.

"Not a word," Derek agreed as Spencer walked into the bullpen, over to his desk without even greeting his team. Lexa and Elle watched as Derek pulled something out of his desk drawer before walking over to the young doctor's desk with a sympathetic look on his face.

"Derek," Lexa warned lowly. He just brushed it off as he stopped to lean over his friend's desk.

"Hey." Spencer looked up toward his face. "We're all here for you. I'm serious. If you ever need anything, just blow on that," Derek jested before blowing on the whistle and walking away with a chuckle and a wide smile at his own antics. He didn't see the glare Lexa had leveled in his direction. The same glare that could break a man trained to resist interrogation techniques for their whole lives. The blonde agent was prevented from scolding her roommate when JJ came down to hand them a new case.

"Okay, Franklin Park, Des Plaines, yesterday afternoon," the media liaison informed them as they looked through the files they were handed. "Three victims shot at a distance. It's the third such shooting in two weeks."